The best game you were "prevented" from attending ?

Abe Frohman

It must have happened to us all at least once in our lives.

That dilemma when your best mate decides to get married on Derby day, or, you go on your first holiday with your new nymphomaniac girlfriend without even checking the fixtures.

I have been unlucky enough to have been on holiday three times and missed "legendary" matches.

November 87. My first 18/30 holiday. £89 for a week. Only to miss the 10-1 against Huddersfield.

February 08. 50th anniversary of Munich. I am in a bar in Benidorm whilst my missus n little one have a siesta in the hotel. 300 rags, 2 blues in the bar. We still let them know who was winning though!

However, the worst one was my brothers wedding. He started planning Boxing day 1998 and after a cursory glance at the league table and remaining fixtures, decides that the end of May will be the ideal time to book a Caribbean wedding. So, the season marches on, City hit form and end up in the playoffs. We fly from Manchester on the day before that lot play in Barcelona. We are the only 2 Blues, in colours, in the airport! The rest is history.

Be warned all you young (and indeed old) naive blues out there, always, always, always check the fixture list or you will regret it!

Re: The best game you couldn't attend but wish you had?

Tomorrow. For me. I booked a holiday in Tenerife 6 months ago. The fixture list said Reading away.
I will be in Linekers bar though, cheering the boys on!!

Spurs home 19th August 1995.

Alan Balls first game as manager. It was my wedding day.

Drew one all, then lost ten on the bounce.

Bradford away, think 4-2. Hadn't won for ages n had ticket n coach from auytown street but it never turned up

Len Rum said:
York away.

This.

I got to the away turnstiles and asked a lad where the end of the queue was.

He said 'Leeds.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.