The Best Start in Premier League History.

93/94 - United had a 7 point lead after 11 games (42 game season), won the league by 8 points.
05/06 - Chelsea had a 6 point lead after 10 and 11 games, won the league by 8 points.
10/11 - Chelsea had a 5 point lead after 10 games, only had a 2 point lead after 11 games, United won the league by 9 points ahead of Chelsea.
11/12 - City had a 5 point lead after 10 and 11 games in 11/12, won the league on goal difference.
13/14 - Arsenal had a 5 point lead after 10 games, only had a 2 point lead after 11 games, City won the league by 2 points, 7 points ahead of Arsenal.
14/15 - Chelsea had a 4 point lead after 10 and 11 games, won the league by 8 points.

That's all the teams that have had a 4 point+ lead after 10 and 11 games.

Records suggest that anything more than a 4 point lead after 11 games is enough, 2011/12 should be a lesson though.
Which suggests our 8/9 points to Spurs Arsenal and Chelsea should, at least, mean a win next week and it is almost a 2 horse race and if Chelsea win it Is only a typical City season that could stop us.

Long way to go
These discussions are good but the reality is were just in October and theirs 7 months left.

The only team to have taken points from us this season had more players than us. That’s very fucking impressive
If Walker hadn't been wrongly sent off we would (probably) be talking about 30/30 pts, mental.

We've opened up a five point lead on the second placed team after only ten games, which is a very healthy position to be in at this early stage. Add to that our ridiculous goal difference and we may as well call it six points. This season we have tightened up at the back, with the goals we have conceded being more careless than down right diabolical defending like last year. The further the season progresses without us losing the stronger we will become and the more determined the players will become to maintain their unbeaten run. If we cut out the sloppiness and stay focussed with the players at our disposal we should win the league and win it convincingly. Hand on heart I firmly believe that if VK and BM had stayed fit we would have conceded fewer than six and probably scored more goals. A fit VK makes us more solid at the back and give us another leader in the pitch and a fit Mendy gives us power at the back and a threat out wide. It's lucky for the rest that they are injured because it really would be a one horse race with them two in the team.

Long way to go
These discussions are good but the reality is were just in October and theirs 7 months left.

The way we are scoring goals we will win a lot of games even if we don't play particularly well at the back. Parking buses isn't working this season and we are not as suspect defensively.

To get 88 points which is usually enough we could have the following record.

Win 18 draw 6 lose 4.

Very doable when you look at it like that.

The real risk for me is if we get injuries.

We are very light at the back, particularly at left back where Delph is doing well but if he gets injured or suffers a loss of form then we may have a problem. CB too If Otamendi or Stones do similar then that could be a problem. It's things like this that can affect teams. De Bruyne/Fernandinho/ Sane/one of the strikers too. These are all key players for us this season.

The longer we can maintain this form and run though the better. I think he next two games are going to be tricky but then it's not so bad until the rags game.

If we hold this gap then I would bring in a player or two in January to bolster the challenge on all fronts.

The way we are scoring goals we will win a lot of games even if we don't play particularly well at the back. Parking buses isn't working this season and we are not as suspect defensively.

Win 18 draw 6 lose 4.

We are very light at the back, particularly at left back where Delph is doing well but if he gets injured or suffers a loss of form then we may have a problem. CB too If Otamendi or Stones do similar then that could be a problem. It's things like this that can affect teams. De Bruyne/Fernandinho/ Sane/one of the strikers too. These are all key players for us this season.

The longer we can maintain this form and run though the better. I think he next two games are going to be tricky but then it's not so bad until the rags game.

If we hold this gap then I would bring in a player or two in January to bolster the challenge on all fronts.

Yep I agree. It's all brilliant at the moment but
the way Pep and the players have been so calm and humble is also important. Theirs no arrogance that other clubs would have at this stage.
Next week is vital and I believe if we can get the lead into double figures in the new year their will be no stopping us.

The big decider is the F.A. and PGMOL.
If they don't want the league over too quickly, they have the means to stop it.

i just hope it continues like this. 5 points after 10, 10 after 20, 15 after 30 and the title is ours in April. We have coped with injuries to Kun, Mendy and Vincent so far and maybe will continue to do throughout the season. We have a chance to add in January and as we integrate Bernardo and Danilo the squad will continue to strengthen. Watching Rags vs Spuds on Saturday, I was left thinking this really could be our season to dominate domestically. No excuses, I suspect this season will be pivotal.

What looks fabulous at one point often looks absurd retrospectively. 11/12 being the classic season where after the 6-1 and the following month or so we looked absolutely nailed on and by mid April we looked like no hopers
We have had a brilliant start and I can't see any reason not to be optimistic but the unexpected happens far to often in football and in life to be counting any chickens.

Win 18 draw 6 lose 4.

And based on this if we achieved these results it would mean the rags have to win 20, draw 6 & lose only 2 games :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.