The BIG 6

When did it become the BIG 6? As far as I can remember it was always the top four. Maybe a certain team going through a "transition" has changed things?http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49165976
Can I refer you to post yesterday?

David 'El Mago' Silva said:
I reckon Wolves will finish 6th, united 7th and the phrase "The Big 7" will be coined by Martin Tyler.

My reply:

We have had the big 5, the top 2, the top 4 and now the top 6 over the course of the last 30 odd years. It is like looking at the rise and fall of the rags.

When did it become the BIG 6? As far as I can remember it was always the top four. Maybe a certain team going through a "transition" has changed things?http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49165976

Why would people say there's a big 6?

KieranPremValues-4.jpg

Because there's a big 6. That's why. They called it a big 6 when United finished 2nd as well.

democratisation of football is what happenhed. Sky and Utd had it all sewn up for the first couple of decades, nice little insidious setup they had and believe it or not our national game suffered because of it. Long live the mdern game, it's so much more inclusive and hopefully will do away with the situation we have now where the propaganda has turned all those people of that generation into Utd and LFC fans.

Why would people say there's a big 6?

KieranPremValues-4.jpg

Because there's a big 6. That's why. They called it a big 6 when United finished 2nd as well.

No they didn't !. It was always the top two, then three, then when the Chumps league was expanded it went to top 4. If the Rags were finishing second every season there is no way this silly phrase would be used. As others have said, if they finish 7th that's what it will become. I long for the top 19.

No they didn't !. It was always the top two, then three, then when the Chumps league was expanded it went to top 4. If the Rags were finishing second every season there is no way this silly phrase would be used. As others have said, if they finish 7th that's what it will become. I long for the top 19.

They did. Search for Top 6 and you'll find plenty to do with 17/18 when United were second. It will become a top 7 if someone bridges the revenue gap to 6th.

And if 4 teams bridge it so they're on a similar financial footing to the top 6 it's be a top 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.