The biggest game you missed.

FA cup semi in 81. The only game that season I couldn't get tickets for.

Scum semi.
10.1 I was at college
5.1 same
Blackburn away promotion but what a day in the boozer!

The 4-0 against the rags at the Etihad, lay on the sofa after an op to have some teeth out and missed one of the best derby goals and celebrations SWP's corker and his robot afterwards
Every game since the Stuart Pearce and 10 home league goals season, although I was back home for Robinho away at Newcastle

If you had gone you might have known it was 4-1 ;)

Last game of the old kippax as it was a pals 9th birthday party, gutted

and the 0-3 at the swamp in 2014 when dzeko got 2... Had a terrible bug, coming out both ends, sold my ticket, watched on tv, scored early on, the excitement got the better of my bladder :-)

It would have to be....WC Final 1966.
In my defence, I was 5 at the time, and we didn't have a telly.

One of the worst decisions of my life.

Living in Portugal I tried and tried to decide whether to fly over (using savings) to see the QPR match.

Decided not to.

Didn't miss the next league winning match but it just wasn't the same.

No savings left now...

JJ

PS. I was at the Newcastle win in 68 though.

Newcastle, St.James Park, 1968. I could have had a lift up there or even hitched but there was a students party that Saturday night and I'd just started seeing a new lass ...

Opted to play Sunday league game and have my ticket to my bro the day we won 6-1 at swamp. Gutted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.