The blame game...................

leighton

............. Right the blame game were to start. We didnt loose the tie tonight but last week when for some strange fucked up decision by Mancini sees our top scorer sitting on his arse on the bench. This cup was there for the taking no doubt about it but after the first leg it was always going to be a struggle. Yes tonight we didnt help ourselfs with the madness of Mario getting us in the shit early doors it was a uphill struggle. You get these stupid things from Mario we all know that and in important games like tonight do you risk Mario over someone like Dzeko who wouldnt of done what Mario done tonight.
Even tonight Mancini took the risk with the players he brought on Johnson and Milner maybe in my view should of been over looked for a fully fit SWP and Vieria tonight I know its a little thing but I would rather have seen them come on instead. I am worry about Mancini now he will be doing well to see out next season in my view. I am not a Mancini hater but I dont think we will be were we want to be with Mancini in charge. He is too much of safety first and negative that it makes the team predictable to play against and that Mancini fear factor of getting beaten is holding us back a bit. We aint going to win every game we all know it but the players we have should be able to play a more higher tempo game and more attack wise game than we are under Mancini. I know at Inter he got the bullit because Europe wise he couldnt get the results needed to see them going forward. Come next season with Mancini in charge in hopefully the Champions League we may well see Mancini being happy with sitting back and playing for a point over going for it.
I think we can still win the FA Cup but the way Mancini has gone about things this season he is making it harder than it should be for him at the club.

I tend to switch off whenever people say '..... was there for the taking'.

The Europa this year is a very strong competition, it would have taken a lot to have won it not simply just turning up. As it happens if we get top 4 and win the FA Cup then it will have been a good thing. If we don't win the FA Cup and/or don't finish 4th then I'm sure the Mancini outers will let us all know about the Kiev tie...

Mancini is doing a good job, but come the end of the season, the man with the money will have the final say.
Mancini's remit is to get into champions league and I still think he can do it - he just needs a little bit more bottle - dropping balotelli against chelsea is a good start.
If Mancini gets it wrong and we finish up with nothing, then watch out for the smoke signals for mourinho

I actually thought we played pretty well tonight.

Mancini is blameless for tonight... he did everything he could have done to win the tie, even playing a full team when most expected a weakened team in readiness for Chelsea on Sunday.

Who to blame? Being down to ten men. Kyiv are not a great team. Neat and tidy at best. And under normal cicumstances I would have expected to have dismissed them.

But I left the stadium pleased that we can play with tempo (even though it took till when we went down to ten men...) and all the players still on the pitch looked totally comitted to the cause.

This brings hope for the rest of the season. I was actually more pleased with the performance tonight than I have been since before Christmas, and we need only repeat this to get a result at Chelsea.

Going out is not a blessing in disguise. A club of our status should be aiming to win both domestic and national trophies (and never forget we were the first English club to have ever achieved that!)... but now we have no excuses not to end the season with a bang!

jay_mcfc said:

The Europa this year is a very strong competition, it would have taken a lot to have won it not simply just turning up. As it happens if we get top 4 and win the FA Cup then it will have been a good thing. If we don't win the FA Cup and/or don't finish 4th then I'm sure the Mancini outers will let us all know about the Kiev tie...
Kiev are not a good team.

We were too careless and over confident in Kiev. SHould have sat back and defended, even at 1-0 down. Then we would have been OK

But this competition is impossible to do well in if you are competing in others due to the number of games, and stupid Thursday games. We went as far as we c ould. In fact we should have used younger players, and fringe players, and used it to develop our yoing players. That's what Utd and Arsenal do.

Soulboy said:

Mancini is blameless for tonight... he did everything he could have done to win the tie, even playing a full team when most expected a weakened team in readiness for Chelsea on Sunday.

Who to blame? Being down to ten men. Kyiv are not a great team. Neat and tidy at best. And under normal cicumstances I would have expected to have dismissed them.

But I left the stadium pleased that we can play with tempo (even though it took till when we went down to ten men...) and all the players still on the pitch looked totally comitted to the cause.

This brings hope for the rest of the season. I was actually more pleased with the performance tonight than I have been since before Christmas, and we need only repeat this to get a result at Chelsea.

Going out is not a blessing in disguise. A club of our status should be aiming to win both domestic and national trophies (and never forget we were the first English club to have ever achieved that!)... but now we have no excuses not to end the season with a bang!
The most ill-advised comment ever posted on a football forum in the history of football forums...I can't be bothered expanding on it.....if you really think that then I am lost for words...I'm gonna forget that inept Italian... [insert appropriate word] for now and put on a movie.....and it won't be an Italian movie either....

jay_mcfc said:

Jay I am not taking anything away from the Europa League. As you have stated it is a very strong competition this season yet Mancini wasnt willing to put out his strongest team in the first leg available to him. It is more Mancini not giving this Cup the respect it deserves that has pissed me off a bit. It is not as if we have been winning cups the last 10 years but this was our best chance of winning a Cup this season yet Mancini got it wrong by not playing his best team.

K.Reeves right foot said:
Soulboy said:

The most ill-advised comment ever posted on a football forum in the history of football forums...I can't be bothered expanding on it.....if you really think that then I am lost for words...I'm gonna forget that inept Italian... [insert appropriate word] for now and put on a movie.....and it won't be an Italian movie either....

What do you think he got wrong?

Or is it just easier to have a hissy-fit rather than explaining?

Marvin said:
Kiev are not a good team.

We were too careless and over confident in Kiev. SHould have sat back and defended, even at 1-0 down. Then we would have been OK

But this competition is impossible to do well in if you are competing in others due to the number of games, and stupid Thursday games. We went as far as we c ould. In fact we should have used younger players, and fringe players, and used it to develop our yoing players. That's what Utd and Arsenal do.

I don't for one minute think Kiev are a strong team. We've totally dominated them for three halves out of 4 and tonight they were an embarrassment but got the job done.

I meant the competition is strong, to be involved in the quarters now would have been exciting but with so many big games coming up I can't say I'm devastated we're out. There are some good teams left and even had we gone through tonight we'd have had some very difficult matches left in the competition so saying it was there to be won is not exactly true.

Great post by soulboy.

Marvin said:
jay_mcfc said:
In fact we should have used younger players, and fringe players, and used it to develop our yoing players. That's what Utd and Arsenal do.

For some reason I think we would have not made it this far if we had, just my opinon :-)

But on a good note lesson learnt tonite on and upwards, lets get Champs league and win the FA cup :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.