The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

In any (most) other contests I'd ahve chosen BLT every day of every week.

But Let It Be sums up certain emotions, it's in the mix for one of my 'funeral songs' so has to get my vote this time.

Horrible match this one!!

When my son was about 2 he used to have periods of complete craziness where he'd run around causing chaos and smashing the house up. One day I had some music on and put let it be on. He stopped instantly, sat down and just listened in sheer awe. I sing it to him most nights to calm him down before bed (he's nearly 5 now). It was a great song before that, but it's taken on a higher power now.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 1/M70
Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
v
New Order - Vanishing Point

Another one with two songs I rate. I'll probably vote NO but won't begrudge AW going through as she was unlucky to come up against The Jam last time. The video for BTB is bloody depressing in hindsight though arguably not as sad as seeing her early appearances on the likes of Jools Holland and Jonathan Ross where she looks so healthy and unjaded; a great lost talent.

I know there's some people think Technique is NO's best album and depending on what genres twiddle your dials the most I get that, but it's not a view I subscribe to. Still probably getting my vote though i suspect it'll be a consolation one.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.