The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - Page 550 - category ideas.

Great effort @BlueHammer85 - this took a lot of time to implement and manage, and I commend you for sticking to the task and putting up with the peanut gallery! This was really enjoyable and it clearly kept a lot of people engaged for a good six months.

Also well done to @bennyboy and @FogBlueInSanFran - it was nice to see a couple of Album Club members duking it out in the final.

Just one piece of constructive criticism and one suggestion:-

1. To avoid the Depeche Mode debacle, you really should have implemented a preliminary round to reduce the numbers to 128 so that it gradually reduced the number of songs remaining down to a traditional R16, QF, SF etc. Easy to implement and avoids having to resort to FIFA-style nonsense rules. Unless it was you aim to cause a bit of friction and outrage, in which case, job done.

2. As West Ham are no strangers to minor UEFA competitions, what about saying that entry to next year's Bluemoon Cup is barred to any artists that appeared in this year's cup? Sort of like a Europa League/Conference deal. That would certainly make things even more unpredictable.

Great effort @BlueHammer85 - this took a lot of time to implement and manage, and I commend you for sticking to the task and putting up with the peanut gallery! This was really enjoyable and it clearly kept a lot of people engaged for a good six months.

Also well done to @bennyboy and @FogBlueInSanFran - it was nice to see a couple of Album Club members duking it out in the final.

Just one piece of constructive criticism and one suggestion:-

1. To avoid the Depeche Mode debacle, you really should have implemented a preliminary round to reduce the numbers to 128 so that it gradually reduced the number of songs remaining down to a traditional R16, QF, SF etc. Easy to implement and avoids having to resort to FIFA-style nonsense rules. Unless it was you aim to cause a bit of friction and outrage, in which case, job done.

2. As West Ham are no strangers to minor UEFA competitions, what about saying that entry to next year's Bluemoon Cup is barred to any artists that appeared in this year's cup? Sort of like a Europa League/Conference deal. That would certainly make things even more unpredictable.
The first one is a good suggestion — the play-in round. Not sure how one selects the lower “seeds” though. Maybe do an “all in” round to start, and then the lowest vote totals get dumped so we get down to a more conventional match up.

I don’t think barring artists is the right thing to do but definitely no repeat song nominations (unless they are covers by different artists).

The first one is a good suggestion — the play-in round. Not sure how one selects the lower “seeds” though. Maybe do an “all in” round to start, and then the lowest vote totals get dumped so we get down to a more conventional match up.

I don’t think barring artists is the right thing to do but definitely no repeat song nominations (unless they are covers by different artists).

Lol, ignore him Rob :-)

That is good, maybe have entrants rank their lowest of the 5 selections to allow some of those "play in" rounds to take place to keep the numbers early on work down to a 2 to the nth number.
I don’t think barring artists is the right thing to do
Radiohead and I agree with this approach. Can't wait to get in on the next round!
but definitely no repeat song nominations (unless they are covers by different artists).
I think once a specific song is used, it is burned, but I'm sure @BlueHammer85 will have thoughts on that. That will also probably save me from myself with something from Ryan Adams' 1989 album.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.