The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Arguably, one of the issues last time was that people nominating less well known songs were just getting battered in favour of familiar classics. This is understandable and if the goal is to see who can come up with the most popular well known song then the format is fine as it is.

If we wanted people to hear and vote on stuff they are maybe less familiar with and be encouraged to put forward lesser known artists then I think there would need to be a tweak; for instance a criteria like each song in the 5 has to come from an artist from a different continent. You'd probably still end up with a well known winner but you might have some more interesting match ups along the way.

In theory, another option to encourage the less obvious stuff would be to have a 'shield' competition for first round losers but that would involve too much extra work.

Arguably, one of the issues last time was that people nominating less well known songs were just getting battered in favour of familiar classics.

I don’t see this as an issue personally.
Most of the well known songs are simply better than the least known ones and it’s good to have a big match up in the latter stages of the cup. No one wants Man Utd v Tottenham as a champions league final.

I don’t see this as an issue personally.
Most of the well known songs are simply better than the least known ones and it’s good to have a big match up in the latter stages of the cup. No one wants Man Utd v Tottenham as a champions league final.

That's fair enough and I think is probably the majority view. I'd probably disagree about some of big beast songs that went a long way last time round; some were overrated tosh imo.

You're last sentence is right; but we'll be in the Vanarama soon and we won't give a fuck!

I would say no cover songs,if the original isn't good enough a cover isn't. Can I also suggest no Smiths :)
I think there should be plenty of Smiths songs allowed.

I mean, given how many got smacked down in the last cup, the big songs by talented artists should have a chance to compete against League Two opposition at home sometimes. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.