The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - Round 1 M69 / CE / P157 / Richard Hawley (The Ocean) v The B-52s (Rock Lobster)

I've voted U2.

The trouble with I Still Haven't Found (and also Where THe Streets Have No Name & With Or Without You) is the radio overkill.

It's a really good song, but people are fed up hearing it.

The Joshua Tree is one of my favourite ever albums, but even I often skip to the fourth track and then listen to it from there.

The other thing which will go against the song is the anti Bono aspect - which is a shame because they really have done some great songs (up to and including The Joshua Tree) but Bono, unfortunately, became very pretentious and alienated a lot of folk

I've voted U2.

The trouble with I Still Haven't Found (and also Where THe Streets Have No Name & With Or Without You) is the radio overkill.

It's a really good song, but people are fed up hearing it.

The Joshua Tree is one of my favourite ever albums, but even I often skip to the fourth track and then listen to it from there.

The other thing which will go against the song is the anti Bono aspect - which is a shame because they really have done some great songs (up to and including The Joshua Tree) but Bono, unfortunately, became very pretentious and alienated a lot of folk
The whole album is great. No doubt whatsoever.
For me it’s where they peaked.
Bono however, didn’t become pretentious, he seems to have bee born that way.

When they started and played in the Dandelion Market on Sunday afternoon me and my mates wouldn’t pay 50p to go watch them.
There was a ton of better Dublin bands that were not as well managed as U2.

Good luck to them however, I’m sure they couldn’t give a damn what we thought of them.
Wasn’t there myself but a few of my mates were at s house party in Portmarnock, where the U2 boys were preaching God in the kitchen and obviously being ridiculed by my teenage mates.
Bono was always preaching.

Having said that, I went to them twice at the end of the 70’s in Croke Psrk and they were great.
Simple chords, but they learned how to deliver. Kudos where it’s due.

Still voted for Jose.

Jose was here last year wasn't he? Same song and I voted for him again, It's a cover The Knife did the original, still Swedish, but Gonzalez made it his own and better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.