The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P192 - R2/M88 - The Chicks (Not Ready To Make Nice) v Green Day (Jesus Of Suburbia)

two more great songs - but gone for Louis Armstrong's classic. Daughter had to do a music project at College comparing & contrast versions of a song. she chose this one and the versions by Joey Ramone and Eva Cassidy - so for a couple if days all we we heard was What a Wonderful World. You would think you would grow tired of it - or annoyed with other versions - but it is such a good song it can stand each approach too it and still be enjoyed years later. And as she downloaded them onto my account to save her money - I've just gone and listened to the others as well :-)

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 1/CD/M51
Category D - 1960's

Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World
v
Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
Oooooffffffff another heavyweight clash - no right or wrong answer on this one............

Another contrasting but great pair of competitors.
Despite the subjectivity and in some cases futility of reaching common ground its times like these as DG might pen that we had a genre category(s) from a decade ( maybe a hint for BM who by the way is again doing a wonderful job of moderating and driving this Bluemoon bus again giving credence to the view that West Ham supporters can do things well ).

Here its a close call when it comes to inspiration and quality of song , neither I would give a 9/10 because of my taste in music and proffer as great classics but good tunes nevertheless and BS nabs it where it matters for me.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.