The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P204 - R2/M99 - Everything But The Girl (I Don't Want To Talk About It) v Deep Purple (Hush)

Might be just me — and I didn’t pick it — but I think Fortunate Son might be a sleeper pick to go a long way if the draw is favo(u)rable . . .

So iconic Family Guy did a whole bit on it.
Of all those chosen so far I would have thought that was yours nailed on Fog , but in any case I agree it could go far.

IMOO one of the best tracks selected so far even though I suspect the 60's tracks will struggle in the main to get to the pointy end.

Something that might have gone unnoticed with CCR is that BC , GR , WATPB and CF were released within 19 months of each other and although I firmly believe and rate Steely Dan's catalogue and string of 4 if not 5 absolute classics on the spin without a filler amongst them higher overall and these 4 from CCR do contain a number of covers which for me always detracts from the rating I would give the album its not a bad string of 4 albums particularly in such a short space of time.

I think by the time Pendulum was released artistic differences and tensions between band members was starting to take over and it was reflected in the songs albeit still some good music which didn't stop me purchasing the album back in the seventies.

No doubt John Fogerty was and has to be rated as a genius when it comes to song writing and creating an iconic sound almost unique in many respects.

There are only a few bands with 7 or more studio albums and 29 plus singles that I could hand on heart say I would rather listen to despite the passage of time if one was forced to narrow the selection.

Full Time!
Big score for Creedence here, hitting the first 30+ mark since Marvin Gaye in M9.
The Byrds triad their best but out they go.

Fortunate Son 30 - 7 Triad

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 1/CD/M56
Category D - 1960's

Toots & The Maytals - Monkey Man
v
The Who - Substitute

Last edited:
Full Time!
Big score for Creedence here, hitting the first 30+ mark since Marvin Gaye in M9.
The Byrds triad their best but out they go.

Fortunate Son 30 - 7 Triad
Kudos to whoever picked this. I hope and think it will go far. Annoyed that I didn't pick a CCR song as at the song selection stage, I didn't think that they would prove so popular on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.