The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P205 - R2/M100 - Kraftwerk (Radioactivity) v Tracy Chapman (Fast Car)

That Procul Harum tune is one of the most depressing 60s songs I've heard.
Which is partly why it so revered and deservedly so.

But its really about a tale of romance and instrument driven.

Hard to find a comparison for what was culturally significant and musically relevant at the time.

Many musicians and great ones at that think it was more definitive than anything the Beatles , The Stones , The Who or the Kinks put out prior to and even after its release.

An obvious choice for this competition but a good one at that and 900 plus artists wanted to place their stamp on it.

When pop was pop this has to be up with the best.

That Procul Harum tune is one of the most depressing 60s songs I've heard.
I was driving the other day and put one song on from the 60's (cant even recall which one) on youtube as it wasn't on Spotify.
When it finished it went on to play another song / different band (again can't recall) that I liked so continued to play it, as with the next tune. Then Whiter Shade Of Pale came on. Halfway through the 2nd verse i was like "this is dirge". Fortunately the lights turned red and I had time to change the music to something more uplifting and put Hatful Of Hollow on instead.....

It's Ike & Tina for me.
Think first became aware of AWSOP via Withnail & I, albeit not by Procul Harem. It wasnt long after seeing the filmthat I started work with a guy and happened to mention it. His response was....."Yes, my dad wrote that but is suing over it". Nice to see he eventually won, although a bit too late to make much out of it.

It's Ike & Tina for me.
Think first became aware of AWSOP via Withnail & I, albeit not by Procul Harem. It wasnt long after seeing the filmthat I started work with a guy and happened to mention it. His response was....."Yes, my dad wrote that but is suing over it". Nice to see he eventually won, although a bit too late to make much out of it.
His dad was Johann Sebastian Bach?

Which is partly why it so revered and deservedly so.

But its really about a tale of romance and instrument driven.

Hard to find a comparison for what was culturally significant and musically relevant at the time.

Many musicians and great ones at that think it was more definitive than anything the Beatles , The Stones , The Who or the Kinks put out prior to and even after its release.

An obvious choice for this competition but a good one at that and 900 plus artists wanted to place their stamp on it.

When pop was pop this has to be up with the best.
A bit like the Smiths then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.