The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P206 - R2/M101 - Split Enz (I See Red) v Beach Boys (God Only Knows)

I don't get on with the good 2 shoes beach boys. I never understood what people saw in them.

This isn't the Velves best but for me it is the winner.

I can pretty well guarantee though I'll be in the minority and the Beach Bums will just surf straight through
I get them and can see what people like - good melodies, close harmonies, clever arrangements which pushed technical boundaries at the time whilst selling sea, sun and California as the American dream. But - this as an example is clever, rather than fun and so on this occasion I'm going for Velvet option

I don't get on with the good 2 shoes beach boys. I never understood what people saw in them.

This isn't the Velves best but for me it is the winner.

I can pretty well guarantee though I'll be in the minority and the Beach Bums will just surf straight through
Good 2 shoes?
Are you talking about the same band?
Revered American Rock Critic Lester Bangs called them a "Diseased bunch of MF's" before praising the beauty of their music.
Their lives and careers if made into a Soap Opera would be slated as being too far fetched.

A great vs an album filler.if you were short of album fillers that is. On a separate note can i say pet sounds is possibly the most overated Albums of all time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.