The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P212 - R2/M105 - Oasis (Slide Away) v Elbow (One Day Like This)

One of them is an Oasis song and one is an Elbow song. A few Mancs in here will vote for them without even listening to the competition, which is a leg up.

I have three left but suspect it will be down to 1 after this round.
My favourite from that category is actually Jesus of Suburbia but I'm pretty sure it won't get much further on here, unfortunately!

1960s vs. 2005+ today

I thought that this would all work out after a while
Now you're saying that I'm asking for too much attention...

I cannot explain it
Oh, any other, any other way (cue those guitars!)
It's a really good song, and a shame it's not going any further, but Stand By Me is pretty formidable!

I voted for both.

Round 2

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 2/M82

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
v
The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together

It's funny how this thread has made me realise that from the 60's decade, the vast majority of music I like from that era was released by black artists (incomparison to my love of exclusively white 80's and 90's post punk / indie music).
Dylan, The Monkees and a couple of white Phil Spectre all girl groups apart, it's all the Motown stuff and soul songs. And here my 2 cultures clash.....
80's white goth / post punk / rock whichever genre The Cult fit in v a Motown classic. You would think it would be impossible to like both but i do...... and despite Billy Duffy being a Blue and the bloke who got Johnny Marr and Morrissey together..... I'm voting for the penalty taker extraordinaire Diana Ross and The Supremes here.
One of the greatest opening riffs of the 80's I know..... but it just comes up short here......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.