The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P217 - R2/M106 - Sam Cooke (A Change Gonna Come) v Tiffany (Think We're Alone Now)

Hmmm. I assumed that and he did lots of covers, but I wasn’t sure, and the Cash version is decent. But . . .

1) We had about ten covers during the covers portion of the contest that were probably the dumbest song by the artist performing them, so “dumb” and “cover” aren’t mutually exclusive, and . . .

2) This wasn’t even in there — it was in the “favo(u)rite song” portion. This? Of all the great tunes he did? Or others did? And of all his covers? This relatively pedestrian thing?

I mean I’d literally take anything off his GH record — which this isn’t on — over this, including Willie And The Hand Jive. And they’d all smoke Snow Patrol.

Not this though. IMO obviously.
Could have had Talking Heads up and I still wouldn't have voted Snow Patrol............ :-)

Hmmm. I assumed that and he did lots of covers, but I wasn’t sure, and the Cash version is decent. But . . .

2) This wasn’t even in there — it was in the “favo(u)rite song” portion. This? Of all the great tunes he did? Or others did? And of all his covers? This relatively pedestrian thing?

I mean I’d literally take anything off his GH record — which this isn’t on — over this, including Willie And The Hand Jive. And they’d all smoke Snow Patrol.

Not this though. IMO obviously.
This song is not among his best, and his rehearsal studio was right down the road from my primary school, so we locals have heard better, there and at the Stone Balloon. You aren't alone here.

This song is not among his best, and his rehearsal studio was right down the road from my primary school, so we locals have heard better, there and at the Stone Balloon. You aren't alone here.
I really love his big hits a lot — that gritty guitar and that gravelly voice that never seems to take itself seriously. This one, though, could be any band. And though I don’t have much time for Snow Patrol generally, this song is a hit for a reason.

BlueHammer has pulled a sickie after yesterdays game so you have me spinning the tunes and holding the fort for the next few days......

Snow Patrol go chasing into the next round with a 16-12 victory over cocaine, thus proving that the drugs don't work

Next up is Sweden's superstars Abba with Winner Takes It All v Marvin Gaye's Abraham, Martin and John

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.