The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P217 - R2/M106 - Sam Cooke (A Change Gonna Come) v Tiffany (Think We're Alone Now)

God Bowie was unique, Metal Guru is good but any glam rock group from the 70s could have come up with it.

Bowie for me.
Never got Bolan at all.
I remember the ITV show with him on it around 1977. I was 14 and never really got him at all. Never took to that whole glam thing.
Style over substance.

Never got Bolan at all.
I remember the ITV show with him on it around 1977. I was 14 and never really got him at all. Never took to that whole glam thing.
Style over substance.
Well in 77 Glam was well and truly over as punk gripped the country.
But being a 10 year old in 73 and listening to my older brother blasting out Hot Live / Get it on / Rebel Rebel / Ziggy Stardust and then I got into The Sweet smashing it with Blockbuster / Hell Raiser / Teenage Rampage / Ballroom Blitz they were happy days watching Top Of The Pops

But being a 10 year old in 73 and listening to my older brother blasting out Hot Live / Get it on / Rebel Rebel / Ziggy Stardust and then I got into The Sweet smashing it with Blockbuster / Hell Raiser / Teenage Rampage / Ballroom Blitz they were happy days watching Top Of The Pops
And from then on your musical taste just plummeted......

I was 10 in ‘73 too.
I kind of got Bowie and really got into him later. Blockbuster and Ballroom Blitz and the others were alright but I never really got into any of them.

There again, what did I know.
I think one of the first albums I bought was ABBA Arrival.
I progressed to Elton John because my older brother had some of the early collaborations with Bernie Taupin that actually still stand up today; Madman Across The Water and Honky Chateau.

But it took a while to find my niche.
Eventually obsessed over Yes and Prog for a while. At the same time I explored Bowie.

I now have quite an eclectic mix of musical tastes.

Last edited:
I was 10 in ‘73 too.
I kind of hot Bowie and really got into him later. Blockbuster and Ballroom Blitz and the others were alright but I never really got into any of them.

I progressed to Elton John because my older brother had some of the early collaborations with Bernie Taupin that actually still stand up today; Madman Across The Water and Honky Chateau.

Eventually obsessed over Yes and Prog for a while. At the same time I explored Bowie.

Good post, though I’ve never really had a big obsession with one band or artist……
I liked many equally

I was 10 in ‘73 too.
I kind of got Bowie and really got into him later. Blockbuster and Ballroom Blitz and the others were alright but I never really got into any of them.

First gig I went to was T.Rex in 1972. Absolutely brilliant gig and quite an experience. The front of the stage, which, like most males in the audience, I was nowhere near, was bedlam: loads of screaming, fainting girls; not sure now but I think the odd limb even got broken.

Bolan was a great performer, more rockstar than pop star. The boy could play guitar. He had style but he also had substance - not just a pretty face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.