The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P79 Round 1 / CB /M31 - The National (The System Only Dreams In Total Darkness) v Bruce Springsteen (Devils & Dust)

Some difficult categories there.

Checked all my Spotify playlists and I have nothing since 2005 to pick from.

The non-UK/North America one also takes some thinking about. I doubt my favourite Czech songs would get a sympathetic ear and I was going to choose a Bob Marley track from the non-UK/North America category until I found out that Jamaica is classed as North America!

Cover version also tricky as had to keep checking Wiki to find out if a song was the original or a cover.

Ok! here we go then. let the fun and games begin.

These are this years categories //

A) A cover song
B) A song from 2005+
C) A song from a band/artist not from the UK or North America (Go by the Wiki origin)
D) A track from the 1960's
E) Your personal favourite

You can not pick any of the below tracks.

Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
The Beatles - A Day In The Life
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
James - Born Of Frustration
David Bowie - Heroes
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
Oasis - Live Forever

Please PM your chosen tracks - First come first served - will be a maximum 32 entries.
@bennyboy @FogBlueInSanFran @RobMCFC @Mad Eyed Screamer get automatic entry.

Please can you state your song next to the A,B,C,D,E
If another poster has already chosen a track I will ask you to change yours.

Once I have received all 32 posters 5 tracks I will put them all in a hat and the Cup will begin.

This will likely be the rules/format

1. Do not reveal your submitted songs! all selections will be revealed at the end.
2. If your song progresses it will get 4 points
3. The vote difference between each song will also be rewarded points (ie: if your song gets 10 votes and the opposition song gets 8 votes - you win 2 extra points)
4. At the end of each round every posters points (not songs) will be revealed in a league table format
5. The rounds will be as follows
- Round 1 = 80 tracks v 80 tracks
- Round 2= 40 v 40
- Round 3- 20 v 20
- Round 4- 10 v 10 (Live Clips)
- Quater-Final- 5 v 5
(we then lose one of the last 5 tracks based on historic voting (total votes) - the least goes out) - Harsh i know but means all votes matter.
Semi Final
Final

6. You can vote for your own nomination (or not!) you can abstain or 'like' both songs if you are undecided.
7. A minimum of 10 votes is required before we move on to the next fixture - there can be no draw so will await a final vote if its still tied.
8. will try my best to present each fixture daily
9. Your nominations can face each other - each draw is randomly selected by wheelpicker.com
10. No sulking, moaning and being a fanny - It's a bit of fun! (One poster I won't mention will not be permitted entry)
11. the highest points winner will receive a Morrissey Ceramic Mug

View attachment 118765

Amen to point 10 BH (no idea who you have barred mind).............

Some difficult categories there.

Checked all my Spotify playlists and I have nothing since 2005 to pick from.

The non-UK/North America one also takes some thinking about. I doubt my favourite Czech songs would get a sympathetic ear and I was going to choose a Bob Marley track from the non-UK/North America category until I found out that Jamaica is classed as North America!

Cover version also tricky as had to keep checking Wiki to find out if a song was the original or a cover.
You're right re Jamaica. Scratch my earlier post.

Now convinced I can guess nearly every band that will be picked for this category. It's not a large list (among "popular" bands at least).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.