The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P85 Round 1 / CC /M35 - Kraftwerk (Autobahn) v The Birthday Party (Dead Joe)

Final match of the 2005+ category.

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 1/CB/M32
Category B - 2005+ fixtures...

George Ezra - Budapest
v
My Morning Jacket - Feel You

I think this is the last of the moderns. Nice to go out with a great song. This George Ezra is fantastic. Beautifully simple being based on three chords but with such an inventive and catchy melody. It's almost Buddy Hollyesque with a bit of Werewolves of London thrown in for good measure.

Shame he became fairly beige later but at least this was a great start

Beats MMJ hands down

I was completely enthralled with Highway to Hell when it came out -- it was the first true "rock" not "pop" record I loved (edit: second, actually, after Van Halen's debut). In retrospect it's not quite as good as I made it out to be when I was a young teenager. Back in Black was an absolute phenomenon -- I still remember when my local radio station teased and teased and finally played "Hells Bells" the day the record came out and it blew me away even without Bon Scott.

But looking back on their output now, I go back and forth between "Problem Child" and "It's A Long Way To The Top" as my favo(u)rite tune of theirs -- the bagpipes in the latter are so fucking funny and work so well it's hard to discount it, but the "Problem Child" riff is unstoppable, and that little spot about 2/3rds in where the tempo picks up slightly is just so, so good. At their best they are near the pinnacle of great old school rock n' roll bands and I can't see ever not loving them in whatever iteration of personnel they bring forth. Please turn your speakers up to 11, thank you.
Hard in in fact impossible for me to give a credible counter argument here Fog so I won't attempt to embarrass myself.

Problem Child an absolute show stealer and live just brings the house dawn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.