The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P65 Round 1 / CB / M25 - Fort Minor - Remember The Name v James - Curse Curse

Voted for Blinded By The Light - I appreciate a cover that feels a little different than the original otherwise what's the point? I enjoyed Cosmic Dancer but my days that video is trying way to hard

I did suggest no cover songs should be allowed in ,so obviously my first vote has to go to ,oh, Blinded by the light ;) Bloody hypocrite

Only last month I discovered that "Blinded by the light" was Springsteen's ONLY US number 1 single, not even sung by him, and wondered how that was possible.
Because Bruce back in the 70s and 80s was mostly an AOR rock artist, and not typically a Billboard Top 100 artist. The closest was #2 for "Dancing in the Dark", which was kept from #1 by Duran Duran's "The Reflex" and the year's song of the 1984 summer, Prince's "When Doves Cry".

Bruce did get #1 US Rock with "Trapped" in 1985, which ironically was a cover he sang live in concert.

I’m a big Nick Cave fan, but that’s far from his best effort. I saw him do it on his solo tour last year and it felt a bit pointless even then. Easy vote for Manfred Mann, although I was today years old when I found out that was actually a cover.

I like this new format for round 1, kudos to whoever it was that suggested it.

Good match to kick the cup off with as well. Blinded by the Light gets my vote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.