The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P96 Round 1 / CC /M41 - AC/DC (Highway To Hell) v Dope Lemon (Marinade)

It's all over. I had a one-liner lined up about Black Grape being crushed but with nothing much between them, I can't use it!

Don't worry, the quality of song improves soon.
(Looks down the list of fixtures).
Don't worry, the quality of song must improve at some point.

Wild Beasts (Taste Dancing on our Tongues) 8 - 7 Black Grape (Sex on the Beach)

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 1/CB/M19
Category B - 2005+ fixtures...

Wussy - Airborne
v
Suede - It Starts and Ends With You

I've never heard of Wussy - but I enjoyed that. And love the comment she makes about choosing the name "It looks good on a t-shirt." :-)

Suede - meh. I do like the first seven lines

Like a cause without a martyr,
Like an effigy of balsa,
Like a hairline crack in a radiator,
Leaking life
I shout out but it just spins faster,
I'd crawl out but my knees are water,
I cling on by my nails to this sweet disaster

Someone had a great poetry idea - create metaphors and then building on them in the following lines - cause/shout, effigy/crawl, crack/disaster

and then didn't know where to go with it or build on it - so stuck it on the front of something else - and then tries to pick it up again in the last stanza - but gets stuck on two ideas and does nothing with the third.

Says a lot ab the demographic of the forum (myself included) that we are struggling for decent nominations post 2005 :-)

I found it really hard and I'm not overly enamoured with what I ended up picking to be fair - more a decent song with added sentiment..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.