The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

I do.like the New Order version of ceremony a lot. Substance is in my top 10 albums. I much preferred Bernard Sumner on the mic tbh.
I'm a massive New Order fan and pardon the pun, listen to Joy Division in isolation.
Bernard Sumner is the true genius out of the collective.

I asked before when the real music starts- it has now.

We have the monumental epic from Floyd. It sums up their entire ethos, demonstrates their phenomenal musicianship and shows impeccable songwriting.

One that allows for room to think and proves its not necessarily what you put in to the music but also what you leave out.
It’s also the weakest track on the record (along with its twin). And it’s my favo(u)rite Pink Floyd record. Which tells you how good “Wish You Were Here” is.

But in isolation, as a song to listen to, I’d always rather hear “The Only One I Know.”

It’s also the weakest track on the record (along with its twin). And it’s my favo(u)rite Pink Floyd record. Which tells you how good “Wish You Were Here” is.

But in isolation, as a song to listen to, I’d always rather hear “The Only One I Know.”
No way can this be called the weakest song. It is the absolute lifeblood of the album, the finest they ever produced.

The shorter ones might appeal to the goldfish though!

FFS, a song whose best bit is somebody else's song versus a song whose first 4 minutes mistakes portentous noodling for art. At least we've got Alphaville to look forward to.

And after a right load of bollocks, two of the five I mentioned yesterday come up against each other.

Both great songs, but gone with The Charlatans.

What a lovely tune that Charlatans song is. Completely captures the sounds coming out of Manchester around that time. Still good to bop, yes bop, to when it's on.

Up against probably my favourite piece of music of all time. Such a beautiful start, featured on Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy of course, guitar, keyboards, drums, brass and words all brought together in one fine tribute to a man who influenced them.

It wont win, obviously, but it bloody well should.

What a lovely tune that Charlatans song is. Completely captures the sounds coming out of Manchester around that time. Still good to bop, yes bop, to when it's on.

Up against probably my favourite piece of music of all time. Such a beautiful start, featured on Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy of course, guitar, keyboards, drums, brass and words all brought together in one fine tribute to a man who influenced them.

It wont win, obviously, but it bloody well should.
Which won't win? I bet it's down to the wire! The Swifties . . . errrr, I mean Pinkies . . . vs. the Mancophiles. Could be an epic battle!

No way can this be called the weakest song. It is the absolute lifeblood of the album, the finest they ever produced.

The shorter ones might appeal to the goldfish though!
Make no mistake -- I do like it (though its length and meandering is a drawback) but I just love Machine, Cigar and -- especially -- the title track so much. This is by far and away their most personal record (their only one really) because it's about the wasting away of their friend. I still find it moving. And the cover is my favo(u)rite of any record ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.