The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P209 - R2/M102 - The Mamas & The Papas (California Dreamin') v Creedance Clearwater Revival (Fortunate Son)

I like the Steve Miller song, good choice; but come on, Shine On is a masterpiece

I see the fuckin' hippies are out in force already on this one *shakes head*
mobile.gif

Well, I love them both but given the lean in the direction of Pink Floyd I felt it only right to vote “Serenade” to even out the score a little. And to those who say it isn’t one of his best, I think it actually is.
Spot on as usual Fog , I know this David v Goliath but every so often David gets the points as it is written in history.

Credit to whoever picked this track its the best song on Fly Like an Eagle albeit the title track has one of the best intros IMO of any song I have heard despite the segway of My Dark Hour that McCartney played drums and bass and backed vocals to the legend that is SM and credit to those who put it ahead of PF because they like the track more for the right reasons.

Lets face it SMB are in the top echelon when it comes to blues rock , their line ups include some of the finest musicians of their time and yes I am a little biased because some of the best music I have ever listened to comes out of San Fran and they now have Ron Wikso on drums who IMO is one of the top 20 drummers of all time in the pop/rock era so yes call me biased but the SMB has to be regarded as an all time iconic great of music since 1966 if you don't mind and this despite the numerous line up changes over their journey and what a journey it has been if you listen to all their 18 studio albums as I have a number of times that go way beyond the hit singles.

Loved how he showed it up the Hall of Fames a hole , typical of someone who got their first contract from being based in San Fran and all power to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.