The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P210 - R2/M103 - Wussy (Airborne) v James (Curse Curse)

Classic v Soulful new artist. Cult might be the obvious choice for me, but this morning I needed a bit of soul - so thank you to whoever has just introduced me to Michael Kiwanuka - gets a vote from me.
I know who introduced me to Michael Kiwanuka, and agree, it is simply fantastic. Thanks to whoever, um, it might be who nominated this song. ;-)

Love the Cult, but that early hit off their second album is not one of my favourites of theirs.

If the riff and rhythm don't get ya I'm genuinely confused why someone would listen to music.
Was in a karaoke dive bar the other week in deepest redneck territory in Florida. I'm sat there wondering what country shite song about their truck breaking down / just come out of jail / just gone into jail /dog just died was going to be sung next - and WOW! The next thing that "Dum! Do do do do do dodododo......' came on and I was up dancing!
Maybe 30 folk in there and me and the singer the only two getting off on it.
A great tune and an even better tune when played in a place you do not expect to hear it.

Can't be bothered googling him (can't be bothered), so; who the hell is Michael Kiwanuka? Seriously I've never heard of him.

London born.

from wiki: His 2012 debut album, Home Again, went gold in the United Kingdom and his second album, Love & Hate, debuted in 2016 at number one. He has been nominated for numerous honours, including the Brit Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards, BBC Music Awards, and The Grammy Awards.
In January 2012, he won the BBC's Sound of 2012; and, in September 2020, he won the Mercury Prize.

I came to know off him when I watched the excellent series 'Big Little Lies' - he did a song in that, then i listened to a couple of his other stuff. all good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.