The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P210 - R2/M103 - Wussy (Airborne) v James (Curse Curse)

I agree its not an easy one and based on the songs this category has served up to date and I stress to date both should go through but that's the curse of BH and his IT.

I went for a cover which I often dismiss because its IMO a unique and forceful presentation of an old blues 20's gem that for me actually demonstrates why 20's blues was so influential in determining what came after the war and swing to get people on the dancefloor had passed because in the end the cream rises to the top.

Mind you I can be influenced by choice words to give the nod to RATM.
I decided on RATM because:

1) It's currently behind.
2) Levee is a cover and belongs in the covers portion of the draw.
3) "Zep easily" fans annoy me.
4) There's going to be plenty of elephant rock to come.

2 is fair enough despite the tyranny of distance and what annoys me more is the self belief of some that harp on about cover versions of Led Zep's version of the song (LOL) and Memphis and Co actually get a last gasp composer credit on LZ4.

3. Goes without saying its self centred as much as anything else.

1/. Well if it were a Bob Seger or a Billy Joel song prey tell one finds it on here I would mirror your reasoning if they were ahead at the time I voted no matter the other song.

Most Zeppelin songs are covers they just pretend they aren't:-)Anyhow in the interest of fairness I tried, I got half way through before I lost the will. They could have tortured us even more if they let the Intro go on for even longer and Robert Plank had wailed a bit more. Who needs water boarding. I'm confident I didn't miss much.

Anyhow I vote in vain for the other song knowing the very odd Zep cult will see the most overrated band in history go safely through. Thieving little shits.

The band not the cult members.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.