The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P210 - R2/M103 - Wussy (Airborne) v James (Curse Curse)

Another close one for me.

Went to see Bruce a couple of weeks back (for the 13th time) so I’m a big fan of this track, which he played at the gig. However, T.Rex were my first musical love and Metal Guru is one of the first singles I ever bought and T.Rex were the first band I ever saw live, around the same time MG was #1; it’s not my favourite T.Rex track but it is right up there and it gets my vote here.

Great track from Springsteen, but T Rex were part of my early teens and for nostalgic reasons they get my vote

Ridiculous
I don’t think it is personally.

One of the greatest songs in rock history with closing lyrics so iconic they’re used in everyday conversation, vs. an absolutely stellar pop funk tune that sounds unlike anything else by a master at the peak of his power.

Shouldn’t surprise anyone that it was reasonably close nor should it surprise anyone that The Who won with the regular audience here.

Full Time!
Whoa-oh-ohh!, yeah.
Metal guru, Goes through.
Bolan beats the Boss.

Badlands 12 - 26 Metal Guru

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.