The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P210 - R2/M103 - Wussy (Airborne) v James (Curse Curse)

I feel a bit bad voting against what is probably Oasis’ best song (that I’ve heard anyway - I assume their later albums don’t have anything nearly as good). Temptation is a stone-cold classic though. I sometimes have fun looking through You Tube for live versions from the early-mid 80s. They played around with it a lot and they’re all great. The EGG/586/Temptation segueway from a gig in Hull in 1984 is absolute killer.
Find the choral accapella cover version by I think some Canadian high school students on YouTube. On a plane; I will dig it up at some point. It’s a little amateurish and they get the lyrics wrong but you reali(z)se listening what a truly beautiful and moving song it is too even without the techno backdrop.

Let me simply say that as a Yank, if this quite fine but reasonably pedestrian Oasis song defeats this game changing utterly classic New Order song (not my pick btw), I shall consider this a travesty worse than my nation installing Trump in 2016.

Several other Oasis songs I could see, but Slide Away? If it wasn’t by Oasis you and I all know it wouldn’t be close. Admit it.

Noel’s said the “Manchester music scene” wouldn’t even exist without New Order and The Smiths. He went clubbing to this tune FFS. What more do you want?

Last edited:
Let me simply say that as a Yank, if this quite fine but reasonably pedestrian Oasis song defeats this game changing utterly classic New Order song (not my pick btw), I shall consider this a travesty worse than my nation installing Trump in 2016.

Several other Oasis songs I could see, but Slide Away? If it wasn’t by Oasis you and I all know it wouldn’t be close. Admit it.

Noel’s said the “Manchester music scene” wouldn’t even exist without New Order and The Smiths. He went clubbing to this tune FFS. What more do you want?

Now now, ‘Pedestrian’ it is not. The opening chord to the ‘take me there’ outro it never loses pace and grows and grows, chuck in the guitar solos, one of Noels best efforts lyrically and Liam vocally- often considered Oasis greatest ever song in various polls and usually number 1 from Oasis fans despite never being a single (like much of their best work) - I can see why this is a strong contender.
Kudos to whoever nominated this!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.