The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P22 - Round 1/CA/M6 - Sinead O' Connor (Nothing Compares 2 U) v Warren Zevon (Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door)

I know that Letterman was not every ones cup of tea but compared to some of the wannabes well I won't say any more.

He invited Warren Zevon on to his show knowing he had a short time left and dedicated a whole show to his career and his thoughts on life and death and I can say that if you haven't seen it , its riveting viewing and you should from many a perpsective.

He only did that once and was obviously a huge Zevon fan , had him his show a dozen or so times.

I watched all of them a number of times as I respect WZ immensely as a songwriter and a musician.

LGAM is definitely in my favourite 50 songs of all time
I loved David Letterman -- though he is/was a shitty interviewer and a certified twat, his show was very, very funny. Never missed a show in the mid-80s when I was in college.

Thank you to whoever suggested a Warren Zevon song - didn't stand a chance against Sinead, but it's taken me off down songs I know without knowing Zevon, Werewolves of London and the brilliant Lawyers, Guns and Money - and that then leads on to Linda Ronstadt singing his songs - mmm

I like werewolves of London never knew who sung it either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.