The Boxing thread

If the @jimharri link doesn’t work (didn’t for me) it’s also here...

Joshua is no Lewis who in my eyes was an all time great . So Ruiz could well do this again .mcracken was very poor in Joshua’s corner aswell .
To be fair to McCracken, he was telling AJ in the corner, round after round, “you need to work around your jab” “get that jab going” “you need to win some rounds now, focus on the jab”...

But AJ wasn’t listening! His mind was stunned and he was stuck focusing on that first knock down and saying “which punch was it?” two rounds after it happened. Then he said it again a round later, still dwelling on something from three round ago.

And wasn’t using his jab at all. He was ambling around the ring letting Ruiz grow in confidence.

Completely unprofessionally unfocused if you ask me. That’s shown up a huge flaw in his mentality!

To be fair to McCracken, he was telling AJ in the corner, round after round, “you need to work around your jab” “get that jab going” “you need to win some rounds now, focus on the jab”...

But AJ wasn’t listening! His mind was stunned and he was stuck focusing on that first knock down and saying “which punch was it?” two rounds after it happened. Then he said it again a round later, still dwelling on something from three round ago.

And wasn’t using his jab at all. He was ambling around the ring letting Ruiz grow in confidence.

Completely unprofessionally unfocused if you ask me. That’s shown up a huge flaw in his mentality!

Unprofessional? Christ, you've answered your own question. Why do you think he was asking daft questions two rounds later? Why do you think he was laughing in the ring afterwards? Why do you think the medical team advised him not to do any interviews? Why do you think he was all over the place after round three?

He was concussed. Smashed. Brain completely frazzled. Trying to judge him for any of his actions after the first knockdown is just plain daft. You can question his punch resistane though, hence why he needs to box a lot smarter in the future.

I once spent 4 hours in Wythenshawe A&E with my teams keeper who had took a knee to the head in a 50/50. Asking me the same 7 questions on a loop about what had happened. He never lost consciousness, the game wasn't stopped, no free kick, played the last 20 minutes, it was only in the dressing room after we all realised he wasn't right

Good points^^

Drew a conclusion without thinking he could be concussed!

That’s definitely right for me. He’s the David Beckham of boxing. Obviously a decent boxer and can do some hugely impressive things but he’s more hype than substance deep down.

My Mrs’s older brother is absolutely boxing mad and has been saying for years that AJ is the Beckham of boxing.

He specifically used that term as well before.

He also said, years ago when he was getting laughed at for punching himself, that Fury will beat the best in the division one day.

Guess he was right considering the last 12 months.

word on the street is aj was carrying a injury and was knocked spark out last week sparring joey dawejko.. who saw ajs old man going for eddie after the fight security had to stand infront of him.... the old man wanted him to be pulled out before the fight and eddie insisted he fought.

I saw that rumour about him being KO'd in sparring in the comments of one of the buildup coverage videos and dismissed it as bullshit but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am there is something to it.

It seems a lot of people thought something wasn't right with AJ before the first bell even sounded, nervous energy. I dismissed it as it being due to the occasion but this was nothing compared to the Wlad fight logically thinking. Also Bruce Vayne was spot on when he said to look at AJs face after the first round, did that look like a guy ready to go all 12 rounds or was he breathing heavy already? The power didn't look there to me and the way he acted after knocking Ruiz down looked desperate, not measured, did Ruiz have to show amazing defensive work to avoid those 4-5 punches that missed the target and allowed him to counter so easily? I wouldn't have said so looking at the replays.

Also Wlad, Whyte, Parker, Povetkin... I don't buy into the "exposed" nonsense, he has fought better/harder hitting fighters than Andy Ruiz Jr and won. He could comeback from this but I don't think it's a given. Dare I say it but this has shades of David Haye's story about it, I hope it's not that serious(he's good for the sport any real boxing fan can see that) but we will just have to wait and see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.