The Boxing thread

Na, Usyk has the same problem as fury only his punch resistance won’t be anywhere near his... Ortiz is also +40, despite the fake passport..

Despite Joshua’s short comings, if he connects on wilder it’s good night, wilder knows it and cherry picked his way through his last 10’fights...

I fully expect Fury to win the rematch anyway!
Don’t agree about Joshua . He is the biggest hype job in years and got beat up by Ruiz jnr .the problem is the British public bought into Joshua and so did the non fight fans but the boxing fraternity saw through Joshua. The best British heavyweight out there is Daniel Dubois who would smash Joshua and possibly fury. As for fury I’m not convinced we will see him fight next year let alone feb and I do believe wilder will knock him out this time

Don’t agree about Joshua . He is the biggest hype job in years and got beat up by Ruiz jnr .the problem is the British public bought into Joshua and so did the non fight fans but the boxing fraternity saw through Joshua. The best British heavyweight out there is Daniel Dubois who would smash Joshua and possibly fury. As for fury I’m not convinced we will see him fight next year let alone feb and I do believe wilder will knock him out this time

Nothing to do with ‘hype job’, and what constitutes ‘boxing fraternity’?? You boxed a lot of rounds yourself? This undoubtedly makes you an expert, right?

Well I’m pretty close to a good few fighters, past and present and the consensus wasn’t/isn’t he is a hype job, the problem is experience, he was fast tracked.

Anyone who has an iota of knowledge on boxing can ascertain where his shortcomings stem from, so don’t preach it’s some kind of secret sect of people ffs.... Ruiz has been boxing since he was 15, has hundreds of rounds of pedigree and is a tough fucker, downplaying his success means one thing in my eyes...

And Dubois has a wider defence than the autobahn, his footwork is also suspect. He can improve, undoubtedly, however, don’t make me laugh!

Nothing to do with ‘hype job’, and what constitutes ‘boxing fraternity’?? You boxed a lot of rounds yourself? This undoubtedly makes you an expert, right?

Well I’m pretty close to a good few fighters, past and present and the consensus wasn’t/isn’t he is a hype job, the problem is experience, he was fast tracked.

Anyone who has an iota of knowledge on boxing can ascertain where his shortcomings stem from, so don’t preach it’s some kind of secret sect of people ffs.... Ruiz has been boxing since he was 15, has hundreds of rounds of pedigree and is a tough fucker, downplaying his success means one thing in my eyes...

And Dubois has a wider defence than the autobahn, his footwork is also suspect. He can improve, undoubtedly, however, don’t make me laugh!
Bloody he’ll im taking to Freddy roach ha . So what your saying is because I don’t know any boxers and haven’t boxed my opinion is shit . You have your opinion and I have mine so let’s leave it at that

Bloody he’ll im taking to Freddy roach ha . So what your saying is because I don’t know any boxers and haven’t boxed my opinion is shit . You have your opinion and I have mine so let’s leave it at that

I change my mind, you were a boxer and thus punch drunk..

Read before you post next time, clubber.... here’s a clue ‘boxing fraternity’

Indeed you are entitled to your opinion, champ, hence my response was to you asserting you were one of the experts..

Now let’s not make this a cliche and think you have one good round left in you, we’ll call it a TKO!

Smith looking shaky might speed up the chance of Canelo giving him a go. I'm not convinced Golden Boy would ever set the match up if they had any reason to believe Smith could fairly win.

Then again Smith will probably batter whoever he's in with next and it'll go back to being a pipedream.

Too many people have been too quick to jump on AJ after that defeat based on how it ended. Truth is AJ was in full control, knocked him down but then got caught with a cracking punch right on the temple when Joshua had his guard down going in for the kill. That one punch changed everything and after that it was a convincing win. AJ can outbox Ruiz and he can knock him out but we’ll only know if he can win after he’s taken a few clean shots. Ruiz will be looking for that same shot all night so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

I change my mind, you were a boxer and thus punch drunk..

Read before you post next time, clubber.... here’s a clue ‘boxing fraternity’

Indeed you are entitled to your opinion, champ, hence my response was to you asserting you were one of the experts..

Now let’s not make this a cliche and think you have one good round left in you, we’ll call it a TKO!
Ha ha silly man

Just got round to watching Smith v Ryder. I like Callum but that was a shocking decision. Respect to John Ryder clear winner for me.

Tony Harrison v Jermell Charlo go again Dec 21st. Close fight first time round but glad TH got the win. Hes clearly got under JCs skin again in the press conference.

As far as training goes Ruiz Jr has been boxing since 5 apparently, Joshua since 18.

A lot was made by some that Ruiz didn't have as long a training camp but as Roach pointed out, Ruiz had fought recently which is an advantage to him. He had less time to get out of shape as a result. Joshua is always in shape, his training camps are about preparation and gameplans. Between the two fighters AJ missed a full training camp more. Which means the right sparring and the right training, since he is learning on the job. Miller is nothing at all like Ruiz Jr in stature or style. So most of that prep had to be scrapped. Povetkin is probably the closest stylistically and height wise that AJ had fought before Ruiz Jr and he struggled to adjust in that fight. I personally think that's what people were picking up on during the ring walk and when he got in the ring, he may not have felt he had prepared enough and was fearing a tough night when the pressure was for a spectacular win.

I don't really know how the second fight will go, it all depends on how the last fight has affected Joshua. Ruiz Jr will be harder to beat this time around. He will have learned from the first fight and will be more confident in himself but he can be put down by AJ, we already know that much.

How anyone can go on about hypejobs and then side with Wilder("proper boxer"), as some on this thread have I don't know but it does explain the AJ hate. Who apparently fluked all his wins against many more top ranked opponents until the Ruiz loss. Why Ortiz didn't go for the body from round one in this weekends fight I don't know, Wilder is nothing without his right hand power(I predicted the result for that reason alone). A boxing sharp and in shape Fury should beat Wilder comfortably for me, may even stop him.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.