The Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ono, 27 Oct 2010.

1. Thomas Hearns

Thomas Hearns

AJ is elite now and that’s all that counts. Disagree about this crop - I think it’s the best for a quarter of a century. I love Usyk’s skill set but I have reservations about him (he had to work very hard to get rid of a very limited Bellew) and don’t think he punches hard enough to stop the super heavys just walking through him. Wilder gets bad press but he’s improved massively and shows decent skill - walking a Cuban craftsman onto that right hand doesn’t happen by accident. Tyson will fight wilder and AJ within the next 18months. We’re in the middle of the best era ever for heavyweight boxing from a British standpoint - enjoy the ride man !

jay_mcfc and crooky like this.
  2. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

Mate try a different sport. That was the worst take ever.

His next two opponents will be pulev then the Usyk if he can get them both in in time. Fury and Wilder will fight twice next year I reckon.

There is absolutely no way there will be a third fight in the next couple of years, there’s too many big fights ahead and Ruiz is 1- too dangerous and 2- stupid. He fucked it for himself last night. He’s gonna have to rebuild. A fight v Whyte would be big because they’re both gonna be locked out of title shots.

3. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

Yes sir!

If AJ boxes like last night he could beat Wilder with his footwork.

4. Paul1970

Paul1970

Let’s wait and see fella . Funny game is boxing

5. Paul1970

Paul1970

Agree from a British standpoint but there’s not been a truly great heavyweight since Lewis in my eyes

Thomas Hearns likes this.
  6. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

Vitali was class. There might not be one huge fighter but the cluster of top 15 are as good as there's been in a long time.

7. super_city_si

super_city_si

That was so cringey. “You heard there’ll be a third”...then a big laugh. He said that twice line every time he had a mic in front of him thinking it was hilarious. What a tit

8. thismustbetheplace

thismustbetheplace

He boxed great but will be a lot more challenging using that tactic against someone his own height.

9. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

But Dubois would take AJ (:

Anyone who criticises that performance last night knows jack shit about the sport, which I’m convinced should be renamed Paul shit....

Metalartin and jay_mcfc like this.
  10. mccity

mccity

Saw this on reddit the last night that sums this up.