The Boxing thread

I think he could beat Wilder.
Agreed, I wouldn't say it's a weak chin but the idea he has a granite chin is a myth, he's been rocked on his heels by fighters like Molina and Breazeale. He's also got very poor defence at close quarters, so those with power and a good inside game will stand a good chance(Ruiz Jr IMO would be a nightmare for him). Whyte stands a good chance beat him, the left hook and the bodyshots would probably get the job done. Get in mid to close range and stay there, Wilder needs space to throw that right hand and it's the only punch he has. Wilder is perfect for AJ, who stops him within 3 rounds for me(far better boxer, far better ring IQ).

I think a lot of the top 10 fighters will have been licking their lips watching Wilder unravel, once he was backed up. It's good to see that finally more people have woken up and taken a closer look at Wilder's resume(hyped, protected PBC fighter). The fact that was he was allowed to pick his mandatories for so long, shows what's wrong with the WBC these days. As I've said before, there needs to be an overruling authority to keep these belt associations in line.

Last edited:
Sounds like a really classy guy....

Joking about domestic violence. Nice.

I'm amazed how stupid people can be in their pre-medicated actions - it isn't funny, he must know that it makes him look a complete tw@t and that he will quite rightly be receiving a lot of negative PR.

Get off social media and carry on training..........

Yes I did. Boxed at Darren’s gym before I moved. WCB needs banning ASAP

A top bloke Darren he was going great at his new spot, The Box just of Atlantic Street in Alty just down from the Gym and Aldis. He nailed it on the head. There are way to many people who get involved who have zero respect for the art and think its like any other sport, it isn't. He mentioned being able to give a good account of yourself. That's a crucial statement, its why people drag themselves out of bed a 5pm to run 5 miles (before work) 6 days a week, spar on average 20 rounds a week and train 6 days a week and diet 24/7.

A top bloke Darren he was going great at his new spot, The Box just of Atlantic Street in Alty just down from the Gym and Aldis. He nailed it on the head. There are way to many people who get involved who have zero respect for the art and think its like any other sport, it isn't. He mentioned being able to give a good account of yourself. That's a crucial statement, its why people drag themselves out of bed a 5pm to run 5 miles (before work) 6 days a week, spar on average 20 rounds a week and train 6 days a week and diet 24/7.

Yeah the new gym is great I really hope whats going on doesn't impact him too badly, like you say hes a great guy. Its been rebranded Atlantic fitness now I think I haven't been in about a year as I live near Oldham.

Its why I want it banning, if you are committed enough to take your training seriously go down the amateur route or have a crack at being pro if you need to. The problem is WCB just blankets itself with "We raise money for charity" and when something tragic happens during a WCB bout the whole of boxing will get tarnished not just these cowboys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.