The Boxing thread

Started to lose interest in boxing when Mayweather and Pac avoided each other in their primes. Joshua will never fight Fury or Wilder now even though we should have seen both fights years ago when the hype was sky high. Something needs to change to stop this from happening.
Seeded championship fights should be mandatory. There should be no choice between the promoters and fighters. It’s like Liverpool not fancying playing us next weekend so Klopp declining to play us.

Fans should never be robbed of Mayweather v Pacquiao, and to a lesser extent Fury v Joshua.

Saying that, I think if the best all fought each other regularly, Joshua wouldn’t be seeded near the top, I think he’s very average.

Seeded championship fights should be mandatory. There should be no choice between the promoters and fighters. It’s like Liverpool not fancying playing us next weekend so Klopp declining to play us.

Fans should never be robbed of Mayweather v Pacquiao, and to a lesser extent Fury v Joshua.

Saying that, I think if the best all fought each other regularly, Joshua wouldn’t be seeded near the top, I think he’s very average.

Wilder would spark him and Fury is the giant version of Usyk. He won't see them belts again.

Yeah I used to like watching him fight for his power and knowing he could knock anyone out if he caught them cleanly but somewhere down the line he tried to become a proper boxer and his career has nosedived since.
He had to box eventually against better opponents. Look what happened when he went swinging against the little fat fella

Well if your measuring stick for top class is that, then nobody at HW bar AJ has fought a world class boxer in their prime.

Ruiz Jr is nothing like Usyk either and he got his head boxed off in the the rematch. He would have done coming in at the same weight he was in the first fight. He's never had good footwork, that's how AJ beats him 9-10. I also love how people dismiss the problems AJ had before the first fight and then make excuses for Ruiz Jr who didn't win a single round. Someone from Ruiz Jrs camp(Micheal Hunter) let slip that Ruiz Jr had a great camp missed one day for a cold and that's it. Yet Ruiz Jr and his team made excuses before they even left the ring about that camp.

AJ still beats anyone else in the top 10, the only question mark is Fury. Usyk beats Fury too and I don't see Fury ever taking that fight. Usyk is miles above Fury as a boxer and there's no way Fury stops Usyk... So how does he win that fight?

Im not dismissing AJ's whole ability. He has amazing power and an ability to adjust in the match. I just think a top class boxer in their prime beats him which happened tonight. AJ is far too shot shy and his footwork not exceptional.

I'm not sure about Usyk against Fury but as you say that fight won't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.