The Boxing thread

He’s beat both Klitscho and Wilder when both were favoured to beat him

I don’t think there’s a single name on AJs record fury wouldn’t also beat
Wilder was only picked to beat Fury because Fury was out of shape. The whole reason that fight happened. Wlad was picked to beat AJ too and there's not a name on Fury's resume that AJ wouldn't beat either. You don't get to where AJ got to without having something special at the speed he did it(faster than Fury and he boxed since 10 years old).

AJ has unified titles, defended multiple times against mandataries. Fury is yet to do either. He beat Wlad, ducked the rematch, came back had a few tune-ups and fought a protected hype job with one good punch. Since coming back the only fights of note he's had are Wilder and Otto Wallin(AJ's old sparring partner for the Charles Martin fight) who caused him more problems than he should have(other fighters would have been slated for that).

Usyk beats Fury IMO. When has Fury ever been in with someone with better footwork than him and faster hands? He's not outboxing Usyk and he's definitely not knocking him out. He wont take that fight, he'll downplay it, he wasn't even going to fight AJ IMO.

Last edited:
If you're just going to say everyone he's beaten is crap or finished or old then Fury has beaten nobody at all and Wilder isn't even a boxer.

How was Wlad hyped up for Fury and then deemed finished 18 months later after Fury, despite being in better condition than he was for Fury? He had 3 training camps in that time because Fury didn't fancy it, the same gameplan wasn't working twice.

Parker wasn't considered average until AJ beat him. Fury said he'd put money on him schooling AJ. In fact most the obsessed AJ haters back peddled like crazy after that fight. Just like they did after the Whyte fight and the Charles Martin fight. Fury has bet against him so many times and exposed for the bullshitter he is but someone people have selective amnesia with the things he says.

We can both play your game. Who at HW has a better resume than

If you're just going to say everyone he's beaten is crap or finished or old then Fury has beaten nobody at all and Wilder isn't even a boxer.

How was Wlad hyped up for Fury and then deemed finished 18 months later after Fury, despite being in better condition than he was for Fury? He had 3 training camps in that time because Fury didn't fancy it, the same game plan wasn't working twice. Wlad was not some undefeated fighter who didn't know how to come back from loss. He knocks Fury out in the rematch IMO(53KOs for a reason) and that's why Fury became unhinged(faked an ankle injury the first time he pulled out), then the steroids case came to head and he tried to cover it up with a cocoaine use and mental health story and left boxing.

Parker wasn't considered average until AJ beat him. Fury said he'd put money on him schooling AJ. In fact most the obsessed AJ haters back peddled like crazy after that fight. Just like they did after the Whyte fight and the Charles Martin fight. Fury has bet against him so many times and exposed for the bullshitter he is but someone people have selective amnesia with the things he says.

We can both play your game. Who at HW has a better resume than AJ?
Klitschko didn't lay a glove on Fury. Fury schooled him as he would have done in a rematch. I'm not a big boxing expert but my eyes tell me Fury is a far better fighter.

I don't particularly like Fury but as someone who has suffered with mental health problems surely you can see that he is someone who has struggled with demons & it isn't an act to get out of fights.
Would Joshua have got up from the punch Wilder hit Fury with? I think you know the answer to that.

I'm struggling with your assertion that Joshua has the best resume in heavyweight boxing. He ducked fighting Wilder numerous times. Klitschko (who Fury beat easily 18 months before Joshua beat him) & Parker (who Whyte beat) are his biggest 2 wins. I'm not sure how great a resume that is but if you say it's the best who am I to disagree!

Last edited:
A beautiful night for boxing. I could watch that fight a million times and never be bored by it. His judgement of distance is uncanny like he has a radar in his head, his footwork, his upper body movement, the way he switches his straight left to a left hook almost mid shot, his variety, just his ring generalship overall are things of beauty to a purist. Man I could eulogise about him all night. The only tiny tiny criticism would be that he never timed his right hook properly as the final shot of a combo but maybe that was due to AJ sitting on the back foot and not committing to his shots.

Fairplay to AJ though he was in a deep fog of confusion as early as the 3rd or 4th but he kept on looking for him. But not only did Usyk outclass him - he took his soul in the 12th - I was screaming at the telly for Usyk to dance for the last round just to stay out of trouble but he went for him. I don’t think Josh will ever be the same after that.

Wilder was only picked to beat Fury because Fury was out of shape. The whole reason that fight happened. Wlad was picked to beat AJ too and there's not a name on Fury's resume that AJ wouldn't beat either. You're bias against AJ is so evident in your double standards and frankly bullshit about him being "average". You don't get to where AJ got to without having something special at the fast rate he did it(faster than Fury and he boxed since 10 years old).

AJ was bookies favourite v Wlad, AJ looks rocky after getting clipped on many occasions so not so sure you can say with much authority he beats wilder

I think it’s just AJ isn’t a fighter at his core, I’m pretty sure you’re a big AJ fan but he basically gave up tonight rather than take his lumps trying to get the win however he could leaving it all on the line

did he give absolutely everything to try and win that tonight ? I don’t think so and that’s because he’s not got a fighters heart

AJ was bookies favourite v Wlad, AJ looks rocky after getting clipped on many occasions so not so sure you can say with much authority he beats wilder

I think it’s just AJ isn’t a fighter at his core, I’m pretty sure you’re a big AJ fan but he basically gave up tonight rather than take his lumps trying to get the win however he could leaving it all on the line

did he give absolutely everything to try and win that tonight ? I don’t think so and that’s because he’s not got a fighters heart
Scores of people(Fury included) had Wlad winning that fight easy before the fight. Many neutrals were picking Wlad with the justification of "Too soon for him" and you couldn't argue with it too much beforehand, it was a risk.

Wilder was knocked down by a journeyman in Sconiers(a long count too apparently, the footage has been scrubbed). Rocked onto his heels by people like Molina and Breazeale. Was saved by a dodgey doctors check vs Ortiz and stopped by Fury(Where was his "fighters heart" then? Did he quit). Wilder isn't anywhere near AJ as a boxer, just an out and out puncher. AJ is and always has been a boxer-puncher. I think AJ would feint him, out manouver him with his feet and get into range. Once that happens Wilder is lost because he has no inside game and poor defence. I can see a few fighters able to do that to Wilder too.

I'm pretty sure you're just an AJ hater with a casual interest in the sport with some of the things your coming out with. Usyk is a different breed to anything else at HW and people are brushing over that to dimish AJ as a fighter. Did AJ look like he left much in the tank in that 12th round? Because he didn't punch himself out and get stopped late that means he has no heart, is that it?

If AJ wasn't a fighter at heart, he wouldn't have survived the Wlad fight,a fighter with 53KOs to his name put him down with his right hand(his best punch the straight right). Not many fighters would be able to survive that, let alone come back and stop him late. Everyone said AJ shouldn't take the Ruiz Jr rematch straight away but he proved everyone wrong again. He's proved the naysayers wrong many times since going pro, to take this defeat against a great boxer and put him down as some "average hypejob" as some are doing on this thread is a step too far.

Last edited:
A beautiful night for boxing. I could watch that fight a million times and never be bored by it. His judgement of distance is uncanny like he has a radar in his head, his footwork, his upper body movement, the way he switches his straight left to a left hook almost mid shot, his variety, just his ring generalship overall are things of beauty to a purist. Man I could eulogise about him all night. The only tiny tiny criticism would be that he never timed his right hook properly as the final shot of a combo but maybe that was due to AJ sitting on the back foot and not committing to his shots.

Fairplay to AJ though he was in a deep fog of confusion as early as the 3rd or 4th but he kept on looking for him. But not only did Usyk outclass him - he took his soul in the 12th - I was screaming at the telly for Usyk to dance for the last round just to stay out of trouble but he went for him. I don’t think Josh will ever be the same after that.

You can tell he's trained by Lomachenko's dad.

Wilder was only picked to beat Fury because Fury was out of shape. The whole reason that fight happened. Wlad was picked to beat AJ too and there's not a name on Fury's resume that AJ wouldn't beat either. You're bias against AJ is so evident in your double standards and frankly bullshit about him being "average". You don't get to where AJ got to without having something special at the fast rate he did it(faster than Fury and he boxed since 10 years old).
Yep, wilder is a joke, one of the worst champs in history, avoiding the #1 ranked contender for over 1k days, embarrassing, that being whyte, who is a very limited but tough MF whom is also respected because he is willing to take on anybody.
Wilder doesn't deserve to spoken about in any discussion about elite level fighters.
Fury as great as he appears to be needs to share a ring with and prove how great he is against the best around right now. Strike klitchko and wilder off his list, who else has he fought that is considered decent?

Johnson got all that he deserved tonight.

Usyk enters the ring, totally focussed, not fazed by the crowd, concentrating on the job in hand.

Johnson.... waves to everyone, looks up and smiles at the crowd, shakes hands with the crowd... absolutely shocking. I just could not believe what I was watching he should have been totally zoned out from the crowd, there's enough time after you've won to get with the crowd, I dont think I've ever witnessed anything like that in such circumstances ever.
Johnson is responsible for a lot of things, but he didn’t get beaten tonight.

I'm pretty sure you're just an AJ hater with a casual interest in the sport.

nope boxing nerd, every issue of boxing monthly since 1997 and been to more live shows in so many different places I couldn’t remember them all

best was Trinidad v Mayorga at MSG

it’s strange that my opinion on AJs ability not being the same as yours means I hate him

hey ho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.