The Boxing thread

Fell asleep a missed the fight ?? So watched this morning, and it looked staged and fixed ?
pretty much a none contest and Whyte was in on it

if you watch the end of the 5th round, tyson walks back to his corner and starts talking to somebody sat with his corner staff outside the ring and then nods ? then in the 6th round on the ropes just before the knockdown, tyson talking to Whyte, then the 10 second tap from the timekeeper and its over ??

first of all why did they not ring for the end of the round and that would have saved Whyte ?
then tysons motioning to the referee for Whyte to give up. ??

i smelt a rat all week and with the press interviews and the weight in it was too nice ? tyson dad was the only one looking to start something, the rest was all shake hands swap hats
The rules vary on saved by the bell for the final round, however the bell normally doesn't save you at the end of any other round if you are being counted.

His dad held pads for me as a young lad in the gym, him and his son have done alot for boxing and the community in Wythenshawe.
Me too mate although more like 40+ years ago lol, which shows his passion and dedication to the sport and community, one of my favourite people that I’ve had in my life, probably responsible for keeping more lads on the straight and narrow that I knew than any other single person.
RIP Jimmy.

Come off it, the rat you smelled is the brain being dragged in on propaganda and marketing; wilder has posted on it this morning, Whyte has ballooned on not getting his shot and you see why, there are levels and most with a modicum of knowledge can tell you this was a mismatch of grand proportions…..

When you have Achilles heel, the longer you go the easier it is to expose, for example, Ricky Hatton and his right hand leads, mayweather took 10 rounds to work it out, it then becomes easy work for Pacman in 2/3, whyte coincidentally has been dropped and stopped 3 times, all by uppercut, a fighter of fury’s class merely had to wait…

The lad will never get his just rewards as people want to find excuses, the reality is he’s one of the best we’ve seen and sadly there won’t be many more, if any!

Nothing against Tyson Fury, i think he is the best heavy weight on the planet
but Whyte is never on the world-class level as fury, plus make no bones about it, if AJ had the balls to fight fury then this fight never happens.

i do feel it was more a show than a fight and both boxers could have cut a deal and taken the bookies to the cleaners
so i have just watched the 5th and 6th rounds again, and it does look strange the way it ended and that talk between both fighters just before the knockout does not look good.

i will say one thing, the AJ fight will happen and could be this year. So a 3 fight deal will be on the table so the loser can have the rematch. This Whyte vs fury was just a tester to see if this could gross enough money to have a 50/50 spilt

This generation of heavyweights is so so poor. Been like it since Lennox Lewis retired. Hell deven in Lewis time there was some duds about. I take nothing away from all of the World champions in this time. Its just sad to see the standard in the division is so so poor thats why Tyson is heading off. I dont class him as the greatest heavyweight of all time he is arguable the greatest of his generation.

Usyk is a classy operator no doubting it. That would always be the 1 I want to see next. IF Usyk beats AJ again and the money is there to get it on it would be good to see. Usyk is a classy heavyweight maybe a better boxer than Fury but Furys weight and reach advantage would make it so so hard for Usyk that Fury will win the fight on points.

Regarding the division I always wish there was a heavyweight limit. Bring back in the Super Heavyweights title again is what i would love to see. It might be a way of getting the heavyweight division back to some sort of glory years again. I honestly dont see Tyson fighting again. Only if he has been stupid with his money which i highly doubt and he can always go and earn a quick buck in the WWF again for a few minutes work if need be. He has no one who you could say its a pick him fight. AJ I was hoping would be that but his next fight could be his last if he loses again. Just think his heart is gone no back bone no killer in him anymore. He should just retire .

This generation of heavyweights is so so poor. Been like it since Lennox Lewis retired. Hell deven in Lewis time there was some duds about. I take nothing away from all of the World champions in this time. Its just sad to see the standard in the division is so so poor thats why Tyson is heading off. I dont class him as the greatest heavyweight of all time he is arguable the greatest of his generation.

Usyk is a classy operator no doubting it. That would always be the 1 I want to see next. IF Usyk beats AJ again and the money is there to get it on it would be good to see. Usyk is a classy heavyweight maybe a better boxer than Fury but Furys weight and reach advantage would make it so so hard for Usyk that Fury will win the fight on points.

Regarding the division I always wish there was a heavyweight limit. Bring back in the Super Heavyweights title again is what i would love to see. It might be a way of getting the heavyweight division back to some sort of glory years again. I honestly dont see Tyson fighting again. Only if he has been stupid with his money which i highly doubt and he can always go and earn a quick buck in the WWF again for a few minutes work if need be. He has no one who you could say its a pick him fight. AJ I was hoping would be that but his next fight could be his last if he loses again. Just think his heart is gone no back bone no killer in him anymore. He should just retire .
Usyk’s a cracking fighter, a better boxer than any heavyweight out there. But is he a heavyweight? He’s a cruiserweight fighting heavyweights really isn’t he? I just don’t think he’d be big enough to beat Fury.

It has never existed in pro boxing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.