The Boxing thread

Am I the only person to think Fury is good AND Joshua is good?

(To different extents of course, but still..)

Funny to see Whyte making himself look like a **** for now calling it out that Tyson illegally pushed him over, sore loser.

Fell asleep a missed the fight ?? So watched this morning, and it looked staged and fixed ?
pretty much a none contest and Whyte was in on it

if you watch the end of the 5th round, tyson walks back to his corner and starts talking to somebody sat with his corner staff outside the ring and then nods ? then in the 6th round on the ropes just before the knockdown, tyson talking to Whyte, then the 10 second tap from the timekeeper and its over ??

first of all why did they not ring for the end of the round and that would have saved Whyte ?
then tysons motioning to the referee for Whyte to give up. ??

i smelt a rat all week and with the press interviews and the weight in it was too nice ? tyson dad was the only one looking to start something, the rest was all shake hands swap hats

you not think Whyte would’ve just stayed down for the 10 count if he was in on a fix

Sorry I was hoping they would do like in the Olympics regarding the Super Heavyweights I honestly think there is room for this in boxing. You got the some giants fighting small fat guys its just wrong.

the first time I thought they need a super heavyweight division was in the 90s when Bowe and Lewis came along
Herbie Hide was a cracking fighter but Bowe and Klitscho both just walked through him

Fell asleep a missed the fight ?? So watched this morning, and it looked staged and fixed ?
pretty much a none contest and Whyte was in on it

if you watch the end of the 5th round, tyson walks back to his corner and starts talking to somebody sat with his corner staff outside the ring and then nods ? then in the 6th round on the ropes just before the knockdown, tyson talking to Whyte, then the 10 second tap from the timekeeper and its over ??

first of all why did they not ring for the end of the round and that would have saved Whyte ?
then tysons motioning to the referee for Whyte to give up. ??

i smelt a rat all week and with the press interviews and the weight in it was too nice ? tyson dad was the only one looking to start something, the rest was all shake hands swap hats
It was certainly the weakest upercut knockout punch I've seen to retain a title. Sort of a glancing blow.

None of the current crop of Joshua, Whyte, Chisora, Usyk or Fury would have got anywhere near a world title in the 1970s. Those fellas were different gravy.

It was certainly the weakest upercut knockout punch I've seen to retain a title. Sort of a glancing blow.

None of the current crop of Joshua, Whyte, Chisora, Usyk or Fury would have got anywhere near a world title in the 1970s. Those fellas were different gravy.

It was a very strange fight from the build up to the ring

I would say modern day heavyweight boxers are a lot fitter and built

Ali, Spinks (x2), Norton, Frazier, Holmes, Foreman. There were some serious big guys back then. Even the ones that you might look back on as duds back in that era were arguably better boxers than most of what's round today. Fury isn't bad (I wouldn't queue jump in front of him at the local Lidl, put it that way). But he's nowhere near the class of some of those guys I named.

Ali, Spinks (x2), Norton, Frazier, Holmes, Foreman. There were some serious big guys back then. Even the ones that you might look back on as duds back in that era were arguably better boxers than most of what's round today. Fury isn't bad (I wouldn't queue jump in front of him at the local Lidl, put it that way). But he's nowhere near the class of some of those guys I named.
You can also throw in Shavers and Quarry into the mix, neither of those two plus any of those above would have gone done to that so called uppercut like Whyte did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.