The Boxing Thread

Man_City_Loyal

There was an interview with Emanuel Steward putting his fundamentals above Fury's at the time(early 2012 I think), since he had them all in training camp but giving Fury the edge in toughness, which is why he thought Fury would be more elite(placed a lot of stock on the toughness of a champion).

Another fighter that impressed him was Robert Helenius, who pulled off an upset against Kownacki earlier this year but he put him at Price's level too(could have won a world title but not quite elite).

That also reminds me, in one of Steward's other interviews, he was talking about how he was good at Basketball and Baseball but he was drawn more to boxing because it wasn't a team sport and he prefers one vs one.

Since Pep draws inspirations from other sports, including non-team sports for the mental aspects(such as golf or tennis), I wonder whether boxing is one of the sports he has looked at. Especially since the UK is punching well above it's weight in recent years in the sport. If I remember right, he said Tennis was the best sport to look at for one vs one but for me it's boxing. The mental side of it is huge and if he wants to inspire some of our English players, that's the sport to get your examples from, that they can relate to. Maybe he doesn't like the violence though, although passionate and mentally strong, he does seem to be a pacifist in his sensibilities.

i see rugby sides taking their squads over to the boxing gym, it be great to see it happen more with our footballers.

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
Daniel Dubois, hyped young heavyweight, fight against Dutch champion about to start on BT. He’s supposed to be a KO artist so lets see how long it lasts
Fighting Joe Joyce in October who’s also unbeaten, could be a decent fight but I think Dubois will get the win which will put him in the mix with the big boys in 2021.

Xhavenjoe

Not quite boxing
But
CONOR McGregor has been released without charge after spending 48 hours in custody on suspicion of attempted "sexual assault and indecent exposure".

Prosecutors on the French holiday island in the Mediterranean confirmed that the 32-year-old Irishman was arrested on Thursday night following a complaint against him.

dublinblue12

Not quite boxing
But
CONOR McGregor has been released without charge after spending 48 hours in custody on suspicion of attempted "sexual assault and indecent exposure".

Prosecutors on the French holiday island in the Mediterranean confirmed that the 32-year-old Irishman was arrested on Thursday night following a complaint against him.
There's a history there with these allegations

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.