The Boxing thread

I thought Whyte's defeat was hilarious. He's thick and was a piece of a shit as a child by all accounts.

he's not done any interviews yet has he?

Well when i looked yesterday he hadn't

Taylor fight was a war, they should do a 3rd one.

Whyte should of won that, but what a punch.

matchroom certainly saved the better card for last

Thought Price was getting the better of him in their fight then he unloaded a big right And Price was out on his feet before being clubbed with a left
Yeah that's fair, Price has always had good fundamentals though(he's also got decent power himself), there was some hype around him when he was coming through from the amateurs. He also normally has a height and reach advantage given his dimensions, which I think Povetkin was having problems with.

Povetkin is an underrated fighter but he normally starts to tire after 6 rounds these days. So I do think if Whyte didn't make that mistake, his tank would have started to empty. In fact, it might have been in the same round, the way the other rounds had gone and how Dillian was digging into the body.

Whyte really needs to work on how to defend against the uppercut, he's been dropped 3 times with one now, 2 of those were fight ending. Other fighters will be looking for it from now on if they weren't already, so perfecting a slip and counter left hook would be a decent deterrent. Especially since his left hook is already good.

Yeah that's fair, Price has always had good fundamentals though(he's also got decent power himself), there was some hype around him when he was coming through from the amateurs. He also normally has a height and reach advantage given his dimensions, which I think Povetkin was having problems with.

Povetkin is an underrated fighter but he normally starts to tire after 6 rounds these days. So I do think if Whyte didn't make that mistake, his tank would have started to empty. In fact, it might have been in the same round, the way the other rounds had gone and how Dillian was digging into the body.

Whyte really needs to work on how to defend against the uppercut, he's been dropped 3 times with one now, 2 of those were fight ending. Other fighters will be looking for it from now on if they weren't already, so perfecting a slip and counter left hook would be a decent deterrent. Especially since his left hook is already good.

Do believe Price could of gone higher than what he has done

Shame he was cheated out of two fights

Do believe Price could of gone higher than what he has done

Shame he was cheated out of two fights
There was an interview with Emanuel Steward putting his fundamentals above Fury's at the time(early 2012 I think), since he had them all in training camp but giving Fury the edge in toughness, which is why he thought Fury would be more elite(placed a lot of stock on the toughness of a champion).

Another fighter that impressed him was Robert Helenius, who pulled off an upset against Kownacki earlier this year but he put him at Price's level too(could have won a world title but not quite elite).

That also reminds me, in one of Steward's other interviews, he was talking about how he was good at Basketball and Baseball but he was drawn more to boxing because they were team sports and he prefers one vs one.

Since Pep draws inspirations from other sports, including non-team sports for the mental aspects(such as golf or tennis), I wonder whether boxing is one of the sports he has looked at. Especially since the UK is punching well above it's weight in recent years in the sport. If I remember right, he said Tennis was the best sport to look at for one vs one but for me it's boxing. The mental side of it is huge and if he wants to inspire some of our English players, that's the sport to get your examples from, that they can relate to. Maybe he doesn't like the violence though, although passionate and mentally strong, he does seem to be a pacifist in his sensibilities.

Last edited:
There was an interview with Emanuel Steward putting his fundamentals above Fury's at the time(early 2012 I think), since he had them all in training camp but giving Fury the edge in toughness, which is why he thought Fury would be more elite(placed a lot of stock on the toughness of a champion).

Another fighter that impressed him was Robert Helenius, who pulled off an upset against Kownacki earlier this year but he put him at Price's level too(could have won a world title but not quite elite).

That also reminds me, in one of Steward's other interviews, he was talking about how he was good at Basketball and Baseball but he was drawn more to boxing because it wasn't a team sport and he prefers one vs one.

Since Pep draws inspirations from other sports, including non-team sports for the mental aspects(such as golf or tennis), I wonder whether boxing is one of the sports he has looked at. Especially since the UK is punching well above it's weight in recent years in the sport. If I remember right, he said Tennis was the best sport to look at for one vs one but for me it's boxing. The mental side of it is huge and if he wants to inspire some of our English players, that's the sport to get your examples from, that they can relate to. Maybe he doesn't like the violence though, although passionate and mentally strong, he does seem to be a pacifist in his sensibilities.

i see rugby sides taking their squads over to the boxing gym, it be great to see it happen more with our footballers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.