The British Monarchy

Turned the TV on earlier to find it was the trooping of the colour. I voiced out loud the thought that it was very much the colourfulness of the coaches and the cavalry etc that made the occasion and it could really be anyone in the carriages.
My wife said not true as the cameras were zooming in to see the royal family but I'm not convinced they are that critical to it all. The British people are nosey enough bastards to take an interest in almost anyone given enough of a run up. Run a lottery for who.gets to troop the colour next year and announce a month in advance that it's Roger and Ethel Braithwaite from Skegness or whoever wins. By the time the event comes round the tabloids will have dug up every little bit on their lives and you'll have the same number of viewers tuning in to see if they can tell whether Ethel's butt lift surgery that she got on the cheap from Bulgaria was value for money or not.

Starmer and Reeves reckon things are gonna be a bit tight going forward so I might email them with my replace expensive reality TV stars with cheap ones Idea. Arguably we might lose a bit of soft power by not have posh accents in play but I think it's fair to say we've not shown that much interest as a country in our international reputation of late so a small price to pay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.