The British Office v The American Office; poll added

Which version do you prefer, American or British?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can’t stand that looking at the camera stuff they keep doing, or the deliberate awkward silences. It’s really lazy writing and gets worse on repeats. The UK version had some good bits but never saw the American one other than the first episode which was rubbish.

Get a poll up.

American for me, I have to admit. Didn't want to like it more, was almost adamant I wouldn't, but I just do.

Would happily watch it all again. Can't do the same with the original though.

American version became good when it stopped trying to be the British Office and did its own thing. Still lasted about 3-4 seasons too long I think.

Totally agree. Which was as early as S2 in fairness.

I've seen bits of the US version and it seems to lack that awkwardness that we seem to do better. The cringe bits.

That is probably the main reason I prefer it. The cringe is just that, cringe.

And, they have managed to make most of the characters likeable, something the UK one really struggled with, or never even tried.

Can’t stand that looking at the camera stuff they keep doing, or the deliberate awkward silences. It’s really lazy writing and gets worse on repeats. The UK version had some good bits but never saw the American one other than the first episode which was rubbish.

Most of S1 of the US one is loke that, and not that good. It is a poorer copy of the original, and doesn't pull it off. Once they give that up towards the end of S1, it finds its own, but does become quite a different show as well. Then it becomes purely a matter of which type of comedy you prefer, rather than which show does it better.

I never watched The American Office, as a matter of principal and solidarity. This situation lasted to well after they all chucked it and embraced the greatest American pastime, they went off to get fat.

However, the two other humans in here love it, so it was Humans ahead 2.1 but I fought back, because when I asked both the cats did they want to watch it, both gave me a look that screamed Fuck Off. I must be honest and admit they give me that look a lot! But, I know it was the programme they were pissed at. Had to be.

They refused to accept the cats weren’t up to watch, so we did. I hate to say I enjoyed it. It was really good. I hate and I mean hate the Michael character. Loathe the ****. The rest of the cast, the script, the execution of funny lines, top drawer.

I still prefer our version. How about you cunts? What’s your favourite, if you can be arsed. I don’t really mind either way.

Prefer the US version to the UK. Probably the only time the Americans haven't scuppered copying our tv shows

I like both but partly due to the volume the charachters in the American office were far better developed. I dont think they are directly comparable though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.