The CITY MAG Returns | Official Club Magazine

MAG

BACK AND BLUE: THE CITY MAG RETURNS ...

It’s back…

Some 10 years ago (almost to the day), City’s long running official Club magazine ceased to be.

Launched in September 1995 with Uwe Rosler on the front cover, the magazine ran for the next 16 years, charting our rise from the third tier to winning the 2011 FA Cup before the presses stopped rolling.

uwe.jpg

Though with healthy sales figures, the magazine’s production halted just as the Club were about to embark on an unforgettable 2011/12 Premier League campaign.

Previous cover stars included Andy Morrison, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Paul Dickov, Daniel Sturridge, Kevin Keegan, Yaya Toure, Nicolas Anelka, Carlos Tevez, Noel and Liam Gallagher and Joe Hart with approximately 192 issues (or thereabouts) produced and an estimated 1.5m copies sold.

But that was then, this is now… and today we can announce that the new-look online digital City Magazine will be launched this Friday and be available to all our supporters once a month throughout the 2021/22 season.

Best of all, it is FREE, making Manchester City the only Premier League club to offer fans a free monthly official magazine.

Each month we will have 100% exclusive content showcasing first team players, backroom staff, Manchester City’s legion of women stars, EDS and U18s names to look out for and a host of new (and some old) features.

Two of our most popular columnists from the hugely successful digital match programme from last season will be onboard in the shape of BBC 6 Music DJ Marc Riley and one of the greatest rock and indie photographers this country has ever produced, Kev Cummins, will continue to mine his incredible archives.

Former skipper Andy Morrison will preview the month ahead and we’ll bring you a themed City XI each month as well as loads of other stuff.

This month we’ll have exclusive words from our new £100m man Jack Grealish, Janine Beckie reveals what it means to be an Olympic gold medallist while Lucy Bronze reveals what it takes to be a winner.

janine-beckie-gold-medal.jpg

Paul Dickov is a guest columnist this month, while The List gives us a top 5 opening day victories.

The Fantasy Premier League round-up is packed with stats and tips on City players and we will have a Celebrity Blue feature, as well as a fascinating ‘Introducing…’ interview - this month's is our new Under-18s Head Coach Ben Wilkinson.

Plus, plenty more – so make sure you visit mancity.com on your app, desktop or tablet this Friday for the September issue of City Magazine.

The story continues…

It was a great insight into all things City, like Franny Lee's view on the new kit "i'd like to have worn it", and Sibierski's feeling towards the Christmas markets. Who could forget Bosvelt talking about Sinterklaas, or Micah Richard's love of Arsenal modelling himself on Patrick Viera as a midfield enforcer.

loved the original mag and own every edition, but i prefer physical copies and not digital
When I read the info on the OS I though Whoopee! Then I read the word 'digital'. The spirit sinks. This is the thing to read pre=match, Bovril in hand, meat 'n potato pie in the digestive system, and not on the fuckin' phone running the battery down. Had we had that digi mag when Kompers smacked in his Leicester goal I wouldn't have been able to text my ERO "Kompers screamer!!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.