The CITY MAG Returns | Official Club Magazine

BACK AND BLUE: THE CITY MAG RETURNS ...

It’s back…

Some 10 years ago (almost to the day), City’s long running official Club magazine ceased to be.

Launched in September 1995 with Uwe Rosler on the front cover, the magazine ran for the next 16 years, charting our rise from the third tier to winning the 2011 FA Cup before the presses stopped rolling.

uwe.jpg

Though with healthy sales figures, the magazine’s production halted just as the Club were about to embark on an unforgettable 2011/12 Premier League campaign.

Previous cover stars included Andy Morrison, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Paul Dickov, Daniel Sturridge, Kevin Keegan, Yaya Toure, Nicolas Anelka, Carlos Tevez, Noel and Liam Gallagher and Joe Hart with approximately 192 issues (or thereabouts) produced and an estimated 1.5m copies sold.

But that was then, this is now… and today we can announce that the new-look online digital City Magazine will be launched this Friday and be available to all our supporters once a month throughout the 2021/22 season.

Best of all, it is FREE, making Manchester City the only Premier League club to offer fans a free monthly official magazine.

Each month we will have 100% exclusive content showcasing first team players, backroom staff, Manchester City’s legion of women stars, EDS and U18s names to look out for and a host of new (and some old) features.

Two of our most popular columnists from the hugely successful digital match programme from last season will be onboard in the shape of BBC 6 Music DJ Marc Riley and one of the greatest rock and indie photographers this country has ever produced, Kev Cummins, will continue to mine his incredible archives.

Former skipper Andy Morrison will preview the month ahead and we’ll bring you a themed City XI each month as well as loads of other stuff.

This month we’ll have exclusive words from our new £100m man Jack Grealish, Janine Beckie reveals what it means to be an Olympic gold medallist while Lucy Bronze reveals what it takes to be a winner.

janine-beckie-gold-medal.jpg

Paul Dickov is a guest columnist this month, while The List gives us a top 5 opening day victories.

The Fantasy Premier League round-up is packed with stats and tips on City players and we will have a Celebrity Blue feature, as well as a fascinating ‘Introducing…’ interview - this month's is our new Under-18s Head Coach Ben Wilkinson.

Plus, plenty more – so make sure you visit mancity.com on your app, desktop or tablet this Friday for the September issue of City Magazine.

The story continues…

This is the second bit of great news I recieved today. Fantastic. Kevin Cummins is the bollax in my opinion (and I’m sure many others).I have a couple of his works at home. One that fascinates me in particular is his Manchester music archive with the Stone Roses on the cover and the way he snook in the blue. Legend.
Can’t wait to read the online MAG ;P

Reactions: MAG
BACK AND BLUE: THE CITY MAG RETURNS ...

It’s back…

Some 10 years ago (almost to the day), City’s long running official Club magazine ceased to be.

Launched in September 1995 with Uwe Rosler on the front cover, the magazine ran for the next 16 years, charting our rise from the third tier to winning the 2011 FA Cup before the presses stopped rolling.

uwe.jpg

Though with healthy sales figures, the magazine’s production halted just as the Club were about to embark on an unforgettable 2011/12 Premier League campaign.

Previous cover stars included Andy Morrison, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Paul Dickov, Daniel Sturridge, Kevin Keegan, Yaya Toure, Nicolas Anelka, Carlos Tevez, Noel and Liam Gallagher and Joe Hart with approximately 192 issues (or thereabouts) produced and an estimated 1.5m copies sold.

But that was then, this is now… and today we can announce that the new-look online digital City Magazine will be launched this Friday and be available to all our supporters once a month throughout the 2021/22 season.

Best of all, it is FREE, making Manchester City the only Premier League club to offer fans a free monthly official magazine.

Each month we will have 100% exclusive content showcasing first team players, backroom staff, Manchester City’s legion of women stars, EDS and U18s names to look out for and a host of new (and some old) features.

Two of our most popular columnists from the hugely successful digital match programme from last season will be onboard in the shape of BBC 6 Music DJ Marc Riley and one of the greatest rock and indie photographers this country has ever produced, Kev Cummins, will continue to mine his incredible archives.

Former skipper Andy Morrison will preview the month ahead and we’ll bring you a themed City XI each month as well as loads of other stuff.

This month we’ll have exclusive words from our new £100m man Jack Grealish, Janine Beckie reveals what it means to be an Olympic gold medallist while Lucy Bronze reveals what it takes to be a winner.

janine-beckie-gold-medal.jpg

Paul Dickov is a guest columnist this month, while The List gives us a top 5 opening day victories.

The Fantasy Premier League round-up is packed with stats and tips on City players and we will have a Celebrity Blue feature, as well as a fascinating ‘Introducing…’ interview - this month's is our new Under-18s Head Coach Ben Wilkinson.

Plus, plenty more – so make sure you visit mancity.com on your app, desktop or tablet this Friday for the September issue of City Magazine.

The story continues…

Just looked at October issue....
Lee Dixon speaks of his love for City! YCNMIU

Years ago, because this was so badly written and full of errors, I offered to proofread it. I was invited down to the MUEN offices, had a meeting with Peter Spencer (I think he headed up sports at the time), but it was extremely frustrating and nothing came of it.
Let's hope they do a professional job of it this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.