The colour purple

Indaparkside

I know it's an old film but"
watched this with the wife today" what a powerful, emotional, and all together gut wrenching film. Can't believe it was nominated for around 11 Oscars and won none disgraceful .
I may be wrong but have never seen it on terrestrial tv like ghost, sister act etc
Glad those days that are displyed in the film are mostly a thing of the past

Danny Glover plays a fantastic part in this film,acting like a love struck teenager swooning over Shug Avery.
And she treats him with utter contempt,and makes him pander to her every whim.
(And it's The Color Purple-they are Americans and cannot spell correctly ).
Great actor

I know it's an old film but"
watched this with the wife today" what a powerful, emotional, and all together gut wrenching film. Can't believe it was nominated for around 11 Oscars and won none disgraceful .
I may be wrong but have never seen it on terrestrial tv like ghost, sister act etc
Glad those days that are displyed in the film are mostly a thing of the past

We were shown it in school, was very effecting to a class of 14 year olds.

Some great performances and whoopi goldbergs debut was probaby one of her best performances, yet as you say not on telly much.

It is available on now tv and sky box office

Danny Glover plays a fantastic part in this film,acting like a love struck teenager swooning over Shug Avery.
And she treats him with utter contempt,and makes him pander to her every whim.
(And it's The Color Purple-they are Americans and cannot spell correctly ).
*pedant mode*

Americans tend to use "color" and "honor" because of an entirely different reason. Money.

Printing words back in days of yore were done by the letter so they removed superflous letters in certain words to reduce the cost, hence the "odd" spellings, that is genuinely the only reason.

And back to my hole I go...

*pedant mode*

Americans tend to use "color" and "honor" because of an entirely different reason. Money.

Printing words back in days of yore were done by the letter so they removed superflous letters in certain words to reduce the cost, hence the "odd" spellings, that is genuinely the only reason.

And back to my hole I go...
Well I found it interesting.

Well I found it interesting.
Thanks!

Some people have used the excuse that "they did it to spite King George and the English!" by 'misspelling' words.

Nope, just money. Why spend 6c on a single word ("colour") when 5c will do ("Color").

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.