The Conservative Party

Well who'd have thought it. The pound now higher against the dollar now (1.0899) than prior to the mini budget. Deary me that doesn't fit the narrative at all, does it.

Queue the usual lefties wading in with some deflection or other. ...
What narrative the pound has tanked the market sees us as an emerging market currency, I am not sure what recognition you are looking for here? Don't tell me you've just shit in you're hands and forgot to clap.

Last edited:
What narrative the pound has tanked the market sees us as an emerging market currency, I am not sure what recognition you are looking for here? It’s like you have just been punched in the face and are got teeth knocked out, you are telling it’s okay because you've still got a few teeth left.
‘Tis but a scratch…

This all takes me back to the good(?) old days on the brexit forum.
People supporting a view no matter how much evidence- tangible and theoretical- was put in front of them by those bloody experts, and jumping on the slightest thing that they feel may be supportive no matter how out of context and fleeting they are.
And all the time all it needed was less talking down the country and more belief and faith, and surely in the fullness of time black would indeed become white.

Well who'd have thought it. The pound now higher against the dollar now (1.0899) than prior to the mini budget. Deary me that doesn't fit the narrative at all, does it.

Queue the usual lefties wading in with some deflection or other. ...
You know why though? The markets are now pricing in a 1-2% rate increase and a likely emergency statement from the BOE. Absolutely nothing to do with the cavalier politics currently on show, no matter how much you try to conflate the 2. In fact, you seemed to be suggesting that the BOE policy should be to reduce interest rates and thus support the Government, unless I’ve misunderstood? There would be an absolute rout if that happened.

"Only by enticing the tastiest bathers into the water can we attract sharks of the calibre that will boost Amity's growth."

FdXLOmgXgAIykbP

not laughing now is he?

You'd think he'd say something at least semi reassuring like "I'll be making a statement within the next 24 hours" instead of refusing to comment because he's a clueless **** whose Truss budget has fucked the pound and is on its way to increasing inflation even more. The Peter Principle in action. He really has no fucking idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.