The Conservative Party/Government

What we really need is no private utility companies for life's essentials.
At the moment I half agree but I don't see what difference it would make. Gas currently costs X and that X is greater than last year so higher prices will still occur no matter who runs our energy system. The world is not seeing record energy inflation because of profiteering although it is obviously taking place. A good regulator could stop this but I still don't think it'll make any difference, if you removed profit from the equation then you would save 5-10% or so on your 100% increased bill over last year... big deal.

The biggest problem we have that nobody talks about is we rely on gas not just for heating but also for the majority of our electricity. We phased out coal years ago not in favour of renewables but in favour of burning gas instead. We could actually start burning coal again which is cheap but I think people would rather have big bills...

Had we built many nuclear powerplants 15 years ago then we wouldn't need to burn gas and we'd be immune from wholesale gas price volatility. We do have renewables but unfortunately like today they're generating less because it isn't sunny and it isn't windy so we have to burn more gas or else the lights go out.

Have a look at the link below, I've linked it on this forum loads of times. Today 40% of our electricity is coming from expensive imported gas, that's why your bills are expensive. Countries like France are heavily weighted nearly 70%+ towards nuclear so that's why their bills are cheaper.

Last edited:
The father who influences the son remember

His son managed it because thick cunts who haven’t a clue about trade, movement of goods, balance of trade and protections thought they were getting an Empire back. An Empire that resembled our old one, where people like them lived in abject poverty, due to the Toffs keeping all the loot we as a class won on every fucking battlefield we have ever fought on. Johnson tapped into that stupidity and lack of understanding. Every single warning given has happened. The problem for us, is we are on the same bus, 63% Remain and we are stuck with a bunch of cunts we haven’t voted for in 70 fucking years. Until England views these utter bastards in the same light, it’s downhill all the way and no idiotic flag waving diversions will change that.

His son managed it because thick cunts who haven’t a clue about trade, movement of goods, balance of trade and protections thought they were getting an Empire back. An Empire that resembled our old one, where people like them lived in abject poverty, due to the Toffs keeping all the loot we as a class won on every fucking battlefield we have ever fought on. Johnson tapped into that stupidity and lack of understanding. Every single warning given has happened. The problem for us, is we are on the same bus, 63% Remain and we are stuck with a bunch of cunts we haven’t voted for in 70 fucking years. Until England views these utter bastards in the same light, it’s downhill all the way and no idiotic flag waving diversions will change that.

the idiots who bought the shtick thought it was about having a free pass to be a racist and in the bargain tell the EU I.e. them foreigners, to fuck off. There would be absolutely no down sides, everything would be the same but better. They need us more than we need them. Of course the crooks behind this coup knew exactly what the outcome would be but didn’t give a fuck as it would give them undiluted power, and this bunch of cunts are the worst of the worst.

At the moment I half agree but I don't see what difference it would make. Gas currently costs X and that X is greater than last year so higher prices will still occur no matter who runs our energy system. The world is not seeing record energy inflation because of profiteering although it is obviously taking place. A good regulator could stop this but I still don't think it'll make any difference, if you removed profit from the equation then you would save 5-10% or so on your 100% increased bill over last year... big deal.

The biggest problem we have that nobody talks about is we rely on gas not just for heating but also for the majority of our electricity. We phased out coal years ago not in favour of renewables but in favour of burning gas instead. We could actually start burning coal again which is cheap but I think people would rather have big bills...

Had we built many nuclear powerplants 15 years ago then we wouldn't need to burn gas and we'd be immune from wholesale gas price volatility. We do have renewables but unfortunately like today they're generating less because it isn't sunny and it isn't windy so we have to burn more gas or else the lights go out.

Have a look at the link below, I've linked it on this forum loads of times. Today 40% of our electricity is coming from expensive imported gas, that's why your bills are expensive. Countries like France are heavily weighted nearly 70%+ towards nuclear so that's why their bills are cheaper.

No it’s actually more like 20% of our electricity that comes from expensive imported gas. The other half of our gas comes from the North Sea so it is absolutely within the U.K. government’s powers to do something about how much is provided to the domestic market and at what price.

the idiots who bought the shtick thought it was about having a free pass to be a racist and in the bargain tell the EU I.e. them foreigners, to fuck off. There would be absolutely no down sides, everything would be the same but better. They need us more than we need them. Of course the crooks behind this coup knew exactly what the outcome would be but didn’t give a fuck as it would give them undiluted power, and this bunch of cunts are the worst of the worst.
No everyone who voted leave was racist, but I bet every racist did. Racism isn’t the only form of stupidity. An absolute shit show of our thickest cunts determining the direction of the country and led by utter scum who are alright Jack, thank you very much.

No everyone who voted leave was racist, but I bet every racist did. Racism isn’t the only form of stupidity. An absolute shit show of our thickest cunts determining the direction of the country and led by utter scum who are alright Jack, thank you very much.

If you go all the way back to the post referendum analysis and debate it was shown that the greatest Leave vote was in the 55 plus age group - more %age of the youngsters voted Remain but as is often the case they don't tend to vote in numbers.

So to add to your point many of those who were open to voting Leave were indeed duped - what they bought hook line and sinker was that their dead end jobs with wages that were not going up and the demise of the NHS and static rates of benefits were all caused by foreign workers and not by several years of Tory austerity and mismanagement. They never stopped to question why the main cheerleader was a man who in reality had such little support at home neither himself nor his Party could get elected to the UK Parliament.

They never stopped to ask what workers and where from - migrant workers are just that - MIGRANTS - they come they go and those that stay do the work the people getting their political education from beermats in Wetherspoons simply lapped up. Now their watering hole may be closed two afternoons a week or not do food as often - why? - because they cannot get the workers. Of course these drinkers could get off their arses and do those jobs ( in reality they are probably unemployable even by Wetherspoons ) but they see that as beneath them. They moan about the NHS and waiting lists but fail to recognise that the French surgeon or the Italian therapist they need has gone back home and cannot and does not want to come back here. ( in any event if you spend your afternoons in a pub you are not an osteopath for sure ).

What is just starting to dawn on them is that immigration as buoyant as ever - its just recruiting from outside the EU brining in workers who often travel to places across the world to fulfil 2, 3 or say 5 year placement contracts - they are in fact MIGRANT WORKERS lol !! It will hit home when they go to Torremolinos and have to queue to get into Spain with the rest of the world and the lad from North London who they were talking to on the plane breezes off as he is travelling on his Irish passport. Then there is what to do with mum and dad? In their 80's living in Spain, never took citizenship cannot get health insurance and have a combined pension of £15k pa. Where do they go when they repatriate to the "homeland" having sold off their apartment at a bargain price back in Spain?

Sometimes you had better be careful what you wish for.

While I agree with much of this, when you say....

"Of course the crooks behind this coup knew exactly what the outcome would be"

I don't believe they did.

Okay they knew all their cake and eat it bullshit was just that, but I don't think they thought through the implications, leaving was all that mattered, to where exists only as some vague neoliberal la-la land.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.