The Conservative Party/Government

Raab turned up on the Today programme. Apparently they still want a high wage economy except for anyone who's willing to strike for a higher wage.

No killer question: "is it possible for anyone who defends the PM as you've done to stand for leader?"

Raab turned up on the Today programme. Apparently they still want a high wage economy except for anyone who's willing to strike for a higher wage.

No killer question: "is it possible for anyone who defends the PM as you've done to stand for leader?"
Yes, I was surprised that he wasn’t asked that one. Robinson should also have picked him up on his use of short-term and long-term. Things that were promised in 2019 are now being described as long-term goals, i.e. unachievable before this Parliament must end in January 2025.

Yes, I was surprised that he wasn’t asked that one. Robinson should also have picked him up on his use of short-term and long-term. Things that were promised in 2019 are now being described as long-term goals, i.e. unachievable before this Parliament must end in January 2025.
Time is an illusion. Double time doubly so.

Oven-ready = barely defrosted

View attachment 47856
Just eighteen days ago .
Suspect he knew what lay ahead in the by-elections. Had he voted against Johnson then, he would have been removed from his position as co-chairman immediately. He already knew that he was going to lose his post in the coming reshuffle anyway- he’s a comparative wet and was only in post as a sop- so the timing of his resignation (beautifully done by the way) looks carefully planned to cause maximum embarrassment both to Johnson and the Cabinet.

Suspect he knew what lay ahead in the by-elections. Had he voted against Johnson then, he would have been removed from his position as co-chairman immediately. He already knew that he was going to lose his post in the coming reshuffle anyway- he’s a comparative wet and was only in post as a sop- so the timing of his resignation (beautifully done by the way) looks carefully planned to cause maximum embarrassment both to Johnson and the Cabinet.

I agree with that - letters don't get sent that early without having been planned.

It wouldn't be admitted, but there has been a fair bit of more negative stuff for Johnson since the confidence vote - the Carrie job and failure to answer the direct yes/no question, rail strikes, Mogg keeps talking.

Dowden isn't really strong enough a character for the absolute top jobs, but he'll now be out of the firing line and not have to go out defending for a while. I don't know how significant he is in terms of having the respect of the backbenches, but he may be looking to the next election and being the first (cabinet?) senior face to resign because of Johnson.

I agree with that - letters don't get sent that early without having been planned.

It wouldn't be admitted, but there has been a fair bit of more negative stuff for Johnson since the confidence vote - the Carrie job and failure to answer the direct yes/no question, rail strikes, Mogg keeps talking.

Dowden isn't really strong enough a character for the absolute top jobs, but he'll now be out of the firing line and not have to go out defending for a while. I don't know how significant he is in terms of having the respect of the backbenches, but he may be looking to the next election and being the first (cabinet?) senior face to resign because of Johnson.

How dare you - Oliver was a fine Minister for Paperclips and Copier Paper Procurement and his work in the Dept for Chinless Wonders was outstanding !!

Anyway - less of the negatives please - Oliver has done a noble thing and has contributed immensely this morning to the Jobs for Carrie initiative being run by the PM

Another nail in the coffin but as fun as this is we really need to get some adults in the room right now time is up Johnson.
And that's the issue, the continued damage that is being done to the country makes you weep. One of the problems all along has been their only ability is campaigning which they/their backers have shown themselves to be good at, albeit with a deck stacked heavily in their favour. They have had neither the interest nor the competencies to spend time governing which is partially why we are in the mess we are in. These results will simply ratchet up the campaigning mindset and behaviours at a time when we desperately need a government to actually run the country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.