The Conservative Party/Government

I was pondering yesterday the threat Johnson made about calling an early election in the papers yesterday and it got me thinking... The thing that makes Johnson unique politically is I don't recall another political leader in the UK who cared less for the long term health of their party, sure there have been people that have harmed their party and there have been leaders that made mistakes, but even people like Wilson/Thatcher/Blair I think, wanted the best for their party. Johnson I think would be quite happy to see the Tories unelectable for a generation, over giving up control.

He’s an opportunist and lives in the here and now with no plans for what may happen tomorrow. Jumped on the brexit bus as he knew it could give him the opportunity to climb up the ministerial ladder to be pm. Will kick his mrs to the kerb if a younger model comes along, he won’t go of his own free will if he is asked to stand down in some shape or form.

I was pondering yesterday the threat Johnson made about calling an early election in the papers yesterday and it got me thinking... The thing that makes Johnson unique politically is I don't recall another political leader in the UK who cared less for the long term health of their party, sure there have been people that have harmed their party and there have been leaders that made mistakes, but even people like Wilson/Thatcher/Blair I think, wanted the best for their party. Johnson I think would be quite happy to see the Tories unelectable for a generation, over giving up control.

Something else that is very Trump-esque - Trump needed to stay in power to avoid possible prosecution not to help his party nor his country and same with Johnson - he needs to stay at the top to keep stamping out the little fires of scandal as they occur because any single one has the possibility to become a raging inferno and smash his legacy - and thats what means the most to him. However thats hardly a long term plan to run a country is it?

He’s an opportunist and lives in the here and now with no plans for what may happen tomorrow. Jumped on the brexit bus as he knew it could give him the opportunity to climb up the ministerial ladder to be pm. Will kick his mrs to the kerb if a younger model comes along, he won’t go of his own free will if he is asked to stand down in some shape or form.

Can't help thinking that kicking out the current wife would be an incredibly bad move. I suspect the woman scorned would be destructive, and financially ruinous.

The man doesn’t actually care about the Tory party.
The only priority in his life is himself.
He has no political convictions or loyalty to any party.
Remember the two articles he wrote on brexit? One in favour, one against. Just waited to see which way the wind was blowing.
He would have joined any party and written or said anything if it got him closer to being ‘king of the world’
He is a narcissist amongst other conditions.
He doesn’t have the ability to process truth from fiction.
It‘s simply all about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.