The Corner Shop

KS55

In the current climate I am wary of the supermarket and the milling hoardes. So I use the village shop. It's brilliant.
I was brought up at a time when the old style English corner shop was convenient but not much cop. For a start, it was shut half the time.
Then there was the "Asian Corner Shop Revolution." Oh what a joy. Open 7am till 9pm, plenty of good stuff, a friendly and helpful family to serve you.
My local shop is great. The guy who runs it can chat all day about football (he supports England), cricket (he supports Pakistan), and plenty more besides. Only drawback, he supports Liverpool. Ugh!
His son supplies the shop with home made curries, bhajis etc.cheaper and better than the local takeaway.
At this difficult time, the corner shop is a lifeline. Give it a go.

If he supports Pakistan vs England in cricket deport the ****.

Only joking.

These shops should be cherished and anyone looking to close these down during lockdown deserves solitary confinement themselves, the ****.

When I was growing up there were three little shops in our village, then two, then one and then none. My best mate's family ran the one that held out the longest, his Dad was the son of a family in the next village who owned the little shop there. Everything got put in 'the book' and you paid at the end of the month, of course, trying to buy ten No 10 with cash and telling Rita they were for my mum didn't work so good. They made a good living, especially when he got his spirits licence, which also got me and my mate nicking booze and getting seriously drunk on more than one occasion at a very early age....good times

I went into the local shop near work once for a packet of fags, well fuck me the next thing he’s trying to sell me snide trainers, tracksuits, dvds , curries.
The silly twat even had some nonsense membership scheme going 5% off or some bullshit, the miverin ****.
I never went back!

When I was growing up there were three little shops in our village, then two, then one and then none. My best mate's family ran the one that held out the longest, his Dad was the son of a family in the next village who owned the little shop there. Everything got put in 'the book' and you paid at the end of the month, of course, trying to buy ten No 10 with cash and telling Rita they were for my mum didn't work so good. They made a good living, especially when he got his spirits licence, which also got me and my mate nicking booze and getting seriously drunk on more than one occasion at a very early age....good times
When i was a kid, it was 5 Woodbines in a conical sweet bag, with a few matches thrown in.

In the current climate I am wary of the supermarket and the milling hoardes. So I use the village shop. It's brilliant.
I was brought up at a time when the old style English corner shop was convenient but not much cop. For a start, it was shut half the time.
Then there was the "Asian Corner Shop Revolution." Oh what a joy. Open 7am till 9pm, plenty of good stuff, a friendly and helpful family to serve you.
My local shop is great. The guy who runs it can chat all day about football (he supports England), cricket (he supports Pakistan), and plenty more besides. Only drawback, he supports Liverpool. Ugh!
His son supplies the shop with home made curries, bhajis etc.cheaper and better than the local takeaway.
At this difficult time, the corner shop is a lifeline. Give it a go.

Our village shop is manned by volunteers (we keep it open so that the elderly folk who don't / can't drive can buy stuff ) Its stocked by Sainsburys who let us have the stuff at cost and some local suppliers for ham cheese and bread etc. Its brilliant but doesn't do alcohol or cigarettes.

God send to a lot of people as the closest town is 7 miles away and we no longer have a bus service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.