The Courteeners

I didn't even know they were United fans but I still thought they were pretty dull.<br /><br />-- April 24th, 2013, 9:02 am --<br /><br />
Lucky Toma said:
I remember Thom Yorke once getting precious over the meaning of a song and telling fans what it was really about, annoyed that there had been some sort of misunderstanding. Now he really is a twunt.
Aye, Thom Yorke's an absolute prick but he's in a wonderful band so he's easily forgiven as far as I'm concerned.

Lucky Toma said:
I remember Thom Yorke once getting precious over the meaning of a song and telling fans what it was really about, annoyed that there had been some sort of misunderstanding. Now he really is a twunt.

The reality is that a band only owns the copyright - the physical property - of a song. Once its been released into the ether the connotations, feelings, and interpretation of that song is whatever the listener wishes it to be.

So Not Nineteen Forever is now supposedly a rag song? Nope, not to me. I've downed too many shots before a night out with it on full blast and tapped my hand on the steering wheel on too many sunny days for that to be the definitive case.

It will remain one of my top ten songs for making me feel alive and ace and if some now associate it with that lot that's up to them.
If it's one of your top ten songs along with a silly opinion on a great songwriter/artist then I'd hate to have your taste in music.

Listen- obviously a lot of the younger blues on here think they're good, most people a little bit older don't get it and think the music is very dull and they have limited talent.

My issue was Utd using this as an official song and this lot happily allowing it- I personally think it's career suicide as their fanbase is mostly mancunian.

Sheikh said:
Lucky Toma said:

The reality is that a band only owns the copyright - the physical property - of a song. Once its been released into the ether the connotations, feelings, and interpretation of that song is whatever the listener wishes it to be.

So Not Nineteen Forever is now supposedly a rag song? Nope, not to me. I've downed too many shots before a night out with it on full blast and tapped my hand on the steering wheel on too many sunny days for that to be the definitive case.

It will remain one of my top ten songs for making me feel alive and ace and if some now associate it with that lot that's up to them.
If it's one of your top ten songs along with a silly opinion on a great songwriter/artist then I'd hate to have your taste in music.
Nah come on, Thom Yorke is a bit of a dickhead to be fair.

I can think of one rotund player who'll be joining in heartily with the 'older woman and ever so slightly younger man' line.

MCFC BOB said:
Sheikh said:
Lucky Toma said:

This may be but the corn in his shit could pen a better song than these Gallagher wannabes with their stupid indie haircuts.

Sheikh said:
Lucky Toma said:

Yorke being a prize tool has no bearing on my love for the music he makes. For example Fake Plastic Trees can floor me to tears.

Whereas you've just written off the entire oeuvre of Oasis simply because of their haircuts.

I'd hate to have your prejudices in music, an area of life where prejudices are ridiculous. Which was kinda the point of my post.

Sheikh said:
MCFC BOB said:
Sheikh said:
This may be but the corn in his shit could pen a better song than these Gallagher wannabes with their stupid indie haircuts.
I thoroughly agree with you, but if Toma likes them then Toma likes them. Some songs mean more to certain people than they do to us. I could tell you have I have a deep connection to this song for several reasons, but you could think it's dull and formless.

Knowing Toma personally, I can tell you he's into a lot of interesting stuff - if you haven't, check out The Joy Formidable & My Bloody Valentine.

Lucky Toma said:
Sheikh said:
Lucky Toma said:

Yorke being a prize tool has no bearing on my love for the music he makes. For example Fake Plastic Trees can floor me to tears.

Whereas you've just written off the entire oeuvre of Oasis simply because of their haircuts.

I'd hate to have your prejudices in music, an area of life where prejudices are ridiculous. Which was kinda the point of my post.
Prejudice of music?

I just dislike crap to average stuff like The Courteneers. Oasis have daft haircuts along with being average but they're nowhere near as shit.

In fact they look like fake Mancs that grow their hair like that.

MCFC BOB said:
Sheikh said:
MCFC BOB said:
I thoroughly agree with you, but if Toma likes them then Toma likes them. Some songs mean more to certain people than they do to us. I could tell you have I have a deep connection to this song for several reasons, but you could think it's dull and formless.
Lasted just over two minutes with that. Pretentious wank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.