The Cup Final return travel issue

Zero thoughts for the fans but then it’s been like that for years now.
A small country, with the nations number one sports showpiece event, organised for when no fucker can get home. Wouldn’t happen anywhere else.
Spot-on. Having done 21 away European trips with City there's no doubt the UK has the worst pubic transport infrastructure. The only place where there was no proper transport laid on after the match was Monaco...presumably because everyone living there wouldn't be seen dead on public transport! The idea of a national stadium with no transport back to the North after about 9pm is laughable. There are 55 million people who don't live in London!

Spot-on. Having done 21 away European trips with City there's no doubt the UK has the worst pubic transport infrastructure. The only place where there was no proper transport laid on after the match was Monaco...presumably because everyone living there wouldn't be seen dead on public transport! The idea of a national stadium with no transport back to the North after about 9pm is laughablle. There are 55 million people who don't live in London!

We got a train back from Monaco to Nice no problem!

Already looked and virgin are charging ridiculously high prices for rtn train and the last train again is 21:45.

Do we fans en mass and the club need to now bombard network rail and virgin to have extra train provision running up to or beyond midnight to cover the fact extra time and pens will cause the same debarcle that was returning after the LC final.

And if wolves get there should we do this through both fans groups as they are also stuck with no trains to brum or area after 22:00 as well and both sets of fans will be in same boat.

If it is us v wolves alternatively should both clubs lobby to have a traditional 3pm KO amd it announced early doors so people can plan

The last train I have seen is at 21:00, at least one that gets you home in good time. The 21:45 takes 6 hours and involves 2 changes is what I saw

The train manager told us on the way down on Saturday that Virgin would be putting on extra services Saturday night if it went to extra time. Also, the train we got on coming back was a relief service to picc.

Absolute joke this country, my mate flying from dublin for about £30 return yet a return train from manchester is £89. Piss take

Absolute joke this country, my mate flying from dublin for about £30 return yet a return train from manchester is £89. Piss take

That is true but he will have to add train travel from Heathrow or Gatwick onto that. I just checked flights from Manchester to Heathrow, £150 return. The outward flight gets in just after 10:00, the return flight is 21:00, which could be tight.

Saw last night that it's a tight squeeze for any fans going back to Manchester via train, not that the powers that be care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.