The Current state of Stretford

B B

BLUEMATT23

Hi All,

Not a debate on the RAGS this one but the place.
I moved here in the early 80s so I have spent nearly 40 years here, being a blue Stretford is not always an easy place to live at times but I guess better in recent years
I am 44 now and have lost both parents, my dad just last year (just 66) which fucking devastated me as he missed our golden season. My brother and sister don't live here now and I live on my own.

Over the last few months I have absolutely hated living in Stretford with a passion beyond words. I hate the roads, I hate the fact that theirs just 1 pub now, I hate Streford Arndale and generally even though I live in a nice flat in a reasonable area I just can't stand it. It pissed me off totally too that the inept idiots at Trafford Council slapped 6% on our council tax yet again which was a joke. Maybe the answer is to move but what is there in Stretford now? Absolutely nothing.

Does anyone else live here feel the same way or am I being over the top?
Forgive me as I'm not sure whether I am too well at the moment and if I'm depressed still because of my dad and perhaps I need to seek help to calm me down, maybe I am not being rational, I just don't know

Yeah, it looks pretty dire, MRs JASR had to commute through it for work until a couple of years ago, and I noticed the marked decline even on my odd timed pickups.

If only there was some large international headline grabbing entity that could support its local area... build stuff, invest in stuff at the lowest level... but perhaps that’s only a silly pipe dream... that can only occur once in a city...

At the risk of this becoming another cesspit thread, move.

I don't know if work dictates where you live etc but Mrs Moon & me are off from Chadderton hopefully in a month depending on both our house & the one we're buying going through.

The majority of Greater Manchester is on the way down, we're off to a little village in Lincolnshire, 2 pubs, 1 Indian, 1 Chinese takeaway & 1 English chippy, population of under 3k with no traffic lights.

One of my lads lives in Stretford and likes it there I suppose sometimes it's horses for courses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.